Don’t get stuck in a Thanksgiving Day rut this year! Try something new. Thanks to the talented bloggers who share their ideas at Family Fun Friday, I’ve rounded up 20 Tasty Thanksgiving Day Side Dishes that are sure to please any crowd. Everything from green beans, to cornbread, soups, rice, and apple pie. We’ve got it all covered here. Don’t miss this cornucopia of tasty ideas to round out your meal options this fall!
If you visit Family Fun Friday and link up weekly, I am going to change the schedule a bit and start posting first thing Friday mornings. I used to do Thursday afternoons, but changes in my schedule now mean I have to post on Friday mornings. So I’ll see you then.
Family Fun Friday
Every week at HappyandBlessedHome.com we share the talents and top posts from our blogging friends all around the web with HappyandBlessedHome.com readers via: Family Fun Friday. Over 100+ link-ups are reviewed to select the top features in any of the following categories: Encouraging Posts for Moms, Recipes, Family Fun, Crafts and Homeschooling. Every week is different and is tailored to the trends that are current to help moms save time and energy so they can have more freedom to do what they love best – enjoy family fun!
Please PIN this! And, please stop by your favorites and thank the bloggers who try to help readers by sharing their talents and tips. We’re so thankful for this online community and hope you’ll make new friends online! Giveaways, recipes, homeschooling, kid’s activities and free printables, we’ve got you covered at Family Fun Friday.
If you are looking for the best tips, links, resources, freebies and more – you’ve come to the right place! Family Fun Friday is all about connecting as a family. We feature great ideas for family fun, and things to help moms get things done so they have more time to spend doing what they love to do – be with family! Welcome to our community!
PIN and Share
To PIN a specific blogger’s post please click through and pin directly from their site. If you’re a mom keep reading because we have some wonderful fun ideas to inspire you with your little ones and family. My blogging friends are linking up craft ideas, fun in the kitchen, preschool & homeschool ideas, and ways to spend time as a family.
My blog is growing but I need your help, please like my facebook page or PIN a button and help spread the word about HappyandBlessedHome.com. Thanks so much. If you enjoy the features on Family Fun Friday please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you! If you see things that you like here – please PIN them on Pinterest! If you PIN these lists it will help this blogging party grow.
Highlights and FUN FREEBIES!
If you enjoy easy recipes, free printables and family fun you’ll love all these awesome ideas and freebies at HappyandBlessedHome.com. Check out all these amazing features and enjoy the benefits of being a HappyandBlessedHome.com fan. Click a link or an image below to check out some great freebies and resources!
- Tequila Lime Wild Alaska Salmon
- 5 Free Apps for Private Photo Sharing
- S’mores Granola Bar Recipe and 20 FREE Owl Inspired Book Labels
- 20 Pages of Fun BEE Activities for Kids
- Avengers Costume Party with FREE Party Decorations
- The Ultimate List of 25 FUN Fall Crafts for Kids
- 5 Ways Rest Can Make you a Better Mom
- 10 Ways to Make Visiting Walt Disney World Easier with Preschoolers
- Easy Recipe for 5 Layer Mexican Casserole
If you enjoy free printables, crafts and games for little ones, recipes, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
Thanks to all my blogging friends for linking up last week at Family Fun Friday. I have a special YouTube Video for you at Thank You All My Blogging Friends! So many great ideas, crafts and things to do! If you link up, you permit me to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media. Now on to some fabulous posts for moms. Thanks again for all your wonderful ideas! I hope these Family Friendly and Fun ideas inspire you.
Creativity in the kitchen abounds this week. Fall definitely inspires cooking.
20 Tasty Thanksgiving Day Side Dishes
It’s the perfect time to start thinking about and start testing your Thanksgiving Day Side Dishes. I think you’ll love all these amazing recipes created by some of the most talented bloggers I know!
- Oh my, I must try these Apple Pie Bites. Stephanie writes, “This version of apple pie is a unique one in that we will be using the apple itself as the “container” for the pie. What I love about these Apple Pie Bites is just that, they are a few bites but so satisfying.” https://lollyjane.com/apple-pie-bites/
- And these caramel apples are easy to make. https://www.happyandblessedhome.com/fall-inspired-carmel-apples/
- Green Beans by Shell – adding this link soon.
- And why not try some international flair? A Dish of Daily Life has whipped up some Romano beans in a Middle Eastern Style: http://www.adishofdailylife.com/2016/08/romano-beans-tomatoes-middle-eastern/
- This Strawberry and Spanish Salad Recipe combines just the right amount of sweet with a punch of crunch. https://www.happyandblessedhome.com/strawberry-and-walnut-spinach-salad-recipe/
- How does Susan over at Oh MY Creative! get this amazing Apple Tart recipe to hold together? I don’t know but it certainly needs to be on my “must bake” this season! https://www.ohmy-creative.com/kitchen/dessert/apple-tart/
- This Mexican Corn Bread Stuffing with Jalapeños Recipe will add an extra kick to your Thanksgiving Stuffing and leave guests asking for more. http://bit.ly/CornStuffing
- And Brandie does it again with her Bacon-Parmesan Spaghetti Squash Recipe – https://homecookingmemories.com/bacon-parmesan-spaghetti-squash-recipe/
- Kristin at Dizzy Busy and Hungry shared her flavor-packed BACON AND PUMPKIN PASTA – https://www.dizzybusyandhungry.com/bacon-and-pumpkin-pasta/ She writes “Macaroni with a creamy pumpkin sauce and tasty chunks of bacon make this dish a filling and delicious family hit!”
- This Healthy Apple Pecan Fruit and Nut Salad is a great way to use a fall favorite – apples with a heathly blend of nuts and cheese. https://www.happyandblessedhome.com/marie-callenders-pot-pie-and-my-favorite-apple-pecan-fruit-and-nut-salad-recipe/
- My friends over at Lolly Jane shared a tasty treat for Candy Corn Cheesecake: We love this easy candy corn cheesecake recipe and we love to put it in mason jars for quick fall neighbor gifts or to give to the kids as a Halloween snack! https://lollyjane.com/candy-corn-cheesecake/
- Twice Baked Potatoes always make a wonderful appetizer. This easy recipe for Twice-Baked Jalapeño Poppers with Bacon https://www.happyandblessedhome.com/twice-baked-jalapeno-poppers/ can easily be made without Jalapeños if you prefer a milder taste.
- This Wild Rice Salad with Vinagarette looks just plain awesome. Special thanks to Annie for creating and sharing it. http://shopannies.blogspot.com/2017/09/wild-rice-salad-with-vinaigrette.html
- This Homemade Vegetable Soup by Intelligent Domestications and Shirley Wood looks amazing. I see it as the perfect hearty side dish for any meal. https://intelligentdomestications.com/2016/12/homemade-vegetable-soup.html
- You’ll never have dry cornbread again if you make one tiny adjustment. I reveal all in my Creamy Cornbread Recipe. https://www.happyandblessedhome.com/creamy-cornbread-recipe-campbells-slow-kettle-style-soup/
- Katie rocks it with her Chocolate Coconut Vegan Pecan Pie – http://www.youbrewmytea.com/2017/09/chocolate-coconut-vegan-pecan-pie.html – Perfect for families who are serving vegetarians this year.
- And this… This is the apple pie your relatives will eat in disbelief… I promise. There isn’t a single person at the table that won’t absolutely love this PIE. Mouthwatering Caramel Pecan Apple Pie in 9 Easy Steps – https://www.happyandblessedhome.com/mouthwatering-carmel-pecan-apple-pie/
- Curry Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are full of flavors that aren’t typically found in stuffed mushrooms. According to “This Gal Cooks”, they’re a great addition to appetizer menus for parties, game day and weekend dinners! http://www.thisgalcooks.com/curry-crab-stuffed-mushrooms/
- Hilary over at Embellishments has figured out a surefire way to make amazing asparagus, every time! Check it out at: https://embellishmints.com/how-to-bake-asparagus/
- If you love the scent of fresh apples, you’ll love this easy recipe for Autumn Spiced Rum Cider Cocktail by Honey and Birch. This cocktail is the answer when you are looking for spiced rum cocktails, hard cider cocktails, or spiced rum cider. https://www.honeyandbirch.com/autumn-spiced-rum-cider-cocktail/
The Facebook party link-up has been moved to another page, located at: Like Me on Facebook Link-Up Here. It’s a great way to meet other bloggers, network and help each other grow your Facebook Page’s likes.
If you enjoy free printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
I pray you are blessed by this effort to share ideas on having Family Fun.
If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
P.S. Bloggers – If you’ve been featured and would like to add a button to show off how awesome you are, just grab the code in the text box below. You’ll want to retype the quotes too if you’re having trouble getting it to show on your page. 😉
LINK your Family Friendly & Fun Ideas:
RSS Subscribers click this link to get to my blog so you can see all the great ideas. Here is the link list, please add yours below. Thanks for linking up! Linkers will be added to the e-mail reminder I send for this party. Thank you. If you are having trouble linking, please leave your link in the comments section and I will manually add it. Thanks!