Who doesn’t love the flavors of fall? I especially love apples warmed in the oven and coated in caramel. To make this recipe for caramel apples even more delicious, these apples are decorated with chocolate-flavored colored sprinkles. These caramel apples are both warm and sweet. This recipe only requires three ingredients and is very easy to make. Plus it’s a fun recipe that you can easily do with young children. They can add the sprinkles to the carmel, making this a fun family project.
If you have a fall recipe that you’d like to share I hope you’ll link up or share your ideas in the comments.
Fall Inspired Caramel Apples
- Caramel Apple Wrap
- Sprinkles – we used some with fall colors
The caramel apple wrap came with parchment paper and popsicle sticks but since I wanted to make more than the five apples mentioned on the packaging, I used additional parchment paper and popsicle craft sticks.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees (the directions on the packaging say 200 degrees).
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (or use paper as you unwrap caramel).
- Wash and dry apples.
- To make 10 apples, cut caramel circles in half.
- Wrap apples in caramel, bringing edges together and shaping caramel to fit around the top of the apple.
- Insert popsicle sticks into the center of the apple where the stem is growing out from the top.
- Place apples on parchment paper.
- Put cookie sheet with apples into oven for 5-10 minutes (depending upon how warm you like your apples).
- Remove apples and press sprinkles into caramel coating.
These apples were so delicious they disappeared within minutes. My boys loved the caramel and warm apple flavors. Caramel apples are a wonderful way to celebrate the flavors of fall. Enjoy!
Other Fall Inspired Activities and Printables you may enjoy:
Create your own Centerpiece with a Thankful Turkey– FREE printable and directions included.
FREE Fall Inspired Wall Art Printable
FREE Fall Printables for Preschoolers
Tutorial and Fabulous Family Craft – Fall Wreath Created with Real Leaves
I hope you find these ideas for Fall inspiring and fun! Thanks for being a Happy and Blessed Home fan and if you’re using these printables and are enjoying them, please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you.
Happy Fall Baking!
Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/Instagram
I link up to a bunch of parties every week. Click on Link Parties and you can add your party or find one to visit every day of the week.