Unbreakable Cookie Secrets Revealed!
Use cookie cutters or other cutting implements to cut out your cookies. You can create a pattern from paper if needed. In the event you have a difficult cookie to create, cut the dough away from the cookie – as in the case of the lightening bolt pictured below – and bake your cookie in place on the baking stone or cookie sheet. That way, you don’t have to lift it off the surface and risk breaking it. After it bakes, make sure you use an icing spatula to lift it off the cookie sheet.
6. Step 6 – After the Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls have baked, trim the tops to ensure an even flat surface. (Some of the tops of my sweet rolls disappeared while I was working in the kitchen!)
7. Step 7 – Organize all baked goods – cookies and cinnamon rolls that will be coated in the same color together and coat at the same time. I used a microwave to melt my chocolate candy melts and I tried to coat like colored items at the same time to prevent having to reheat the chocolate melt over and over again.
8. Step 8 – Frost, coat and ice each piece one layer at a time. See the list on Page 2 for the exact layers and their colors.
9. Step 9 – Use a baking rack to coat chocolate candy melt covered items. This will help any excess to drip off. Move coated items to a piece of parchment paper to completely dry once the excess has dripped off.
Here you can see the layers I used to create the Batman logo Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls and some of the red chocolate candy melt I applied to the “S” for the Superman cookies, and the circle and star cookies.
This is a layer of red icing like the one I used for the background layer for the Captain America and Flash sweet rolls.
Here you can see the layers I used for the Superman sweet roll.
10. Step 10 – Plate your Superhero Sweet Rolls. I added a few extra cookies and some colorful candies to make my Superhero Breakfast Party Display complete. The final collection of our Superhero Breakfast Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls was a success!
Don’t forget to get your Superhero Play Doh Placemats and patterns for this tasty Superhero Breakfast!
Shop more awesome printables and fun activities for kids in my eStore!
Hash Browns to accompany our Superhero Sweet Rolls
Our party plan menu included our Superhero Sweet Rolls and some traditional breakfast favorites. I cooked up some delicious extras like my hash browns with scallions. I used ready-made hash browns and heated up some butter in a pan to cook the hash browns. I washed and cut the scallions fresh and added them to the hash browns once they were brown and crispy.
Scrambled Eggs to accompany our Superhero Sweet Rolls
Our family also enjoys scrambled eggs. I used a frying pan and heated some butter in the bottom. Once it browned I added a scrambled mix of the eggs and hash browns and I topped it with cut cherry tomatoes, scallions and cheese. I fried up some petite sausages and plated them atop some fresh spinach. The flavors, sights and smells of all this delicious food were a reward in itself. Even I truly enjoyed these hearty breakfast dishes.
Everyone was wowed by the Birthday Boy’s breakfast display – it truly was a breakfast fit for a superhero. What a great way to start a new year!
More Party Planning Ideas
If you’d like even more party planning ideas please check out my FREE 50 Point Party Planner – it’s a free printable download that can help you plan your next Superhero Breakfast or Superhero Birthday Party. If you’re looking for great breakfast recipes and ideas, visit Pepperidge Farm online at WarmUpYourDay.com.
What’s your favorite way to celebrate breakfast?
What’s your favorite breakfast recipe? Is there anything you would add to a Superhero Breakfast? Please leave a comment and offer your tips to HappyandBlessedHome.com readers. I always love hearing from you!
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
More Ideas for Family Fun
Speaking of creating memorable celebrations, I have some wonderful activities for creating memorable family-fun. These are some of the family fun posts loved by nearly 40,000 fans! Make sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any of my free printables, easy recipes, or games and activities for family fun! Subscribe Here.
|Football Party||Avengers Party|
|Superman Party||Hot Air Balloon Activity||