Superhero Characters included in the Superhero Breakfast with Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls
- Captain America
- Red base layer of red cupcake icing on cinnamon roll
- Circle Cookie coated in blue cookie icing
- Star Cookie coated in white chocolate on top and place stacked on top of cinnamon roll
- Wonder Woman
- Blue cookie icing used to coat cinnamon roll base
- Cut out a cookie in a “W” shape and coated it in yellow chocolate and place on top of cinnamon roll (see photo)
- Cut out a cookie in the shape of a small star and coated it in red chocolate and place on top of cinnamon roll
- Coat cinnamon roll base with red cupcake frosting
- Take one circle cookie and coat with white frosting
- Create a lightening bolt cookie and coat with yellow chocolate and place on top of cinnamon roll
- Coat cinnamon roll base in either blue colored frosting or blue colored cookie icing
- Create a “shield” shaped cookie and coat in yellow chocolate
- Create an “S” cookie and coat in red chocolate and place on top of yellow cookie – both go on top of cinnamon roll
- Iron Man
- Coat a cinnamon roll in red chocolate
- Cut out a circle cookie, bake, and coat in white chocolate and place on top of cinnamon roll
- Avengers Logo
- Coat a cinnamon roll in either blue colored frosting or blue colored cookie icing
- Cut out an “A” cookie, bake, and coat in white chocolate and place on top of cinnamon roll
Any leftover cookie dough was used to create extra circle and star cookies which I layered together to add color and volume to my Superhero Breakfast display.
A Superhero Pattern for Cookies and Sweet Rolls
The Play Doh Placemats act as excellent patterns for this project. To get your copy, just click the “buy now” button below.
I wish you could’ve seen my boys’ eyes light up when they walked in the room and saw this Superhero set-up! Seeing their faces made the work completely worth it, and hearing my friend’s little boy say “can we do that at home mommy?” totally made my day. The kids really liked it! I can’t make a superhero breakfast for my children every day but sometimes when you have a special occasion it’s nice to do something really special – and this is one of those occasions.
Ingredients for A Superhero Breakfast with Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls
This was so much fun to make and even more fun to surprise the kids’ with! In case you’re shopping for Superhero supplies, I’ve included Amazon affiliate links here for your convenience.
- 2 – Containers of Florida Orange Juice
- 2 – Packages of Pepperidge Farms Apple Cinnamon Sweet Rolls
- 1 – Batch of Cookie Dough from this Post – Classic Cookie Cut Outs Recipe
- 1 – Chocolate Flavored Candy Melt in Yellow
- 1 – Chocolate Flavored Candy Melt in Red
- 1 – Chocolate Flavored Candy Melt in Black
- 1 – Chocolate Flavored Candy Melt in White
- 1 – Chocolate Flavored Cookie Icing in Blue
- 1 – White frosting dyed blue
- 1 – Red Cupcake Icing Container
- 1 – Set of Cookie Cutters for shapes and one for letters – like this 101 piece Wilton Cookie Cutter Set and this Wilton 50 Piece ABC & 123 Cookie Cutter Set
- Bowls and Spatulas for Chocolate Melting and Dispensing
- Optional: rolling pin, parchment paper, baking rack, baking stone, frosting spatula
Directions to create A Superhero Breakfast with Pepperidge Farm Sweet Rolls
1. Step 1 – Release sweet rolls from container. Peel the paper layer off (save the baking instructions) and twist the cardboard roll until it pops open.
2. Step 2 – Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and place cinnamon rolls on a baking stone or cookie sheet
3. Step 3 – Conventional Oven: If thawed, place rolls on baking stone in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 12-15 minutes. If frozen, place rolls on baking stone in preheated 350 degrees F for 15-18 minutes.
4. Step 4 – While baking draw out your plan – what logos or characters do you want your sweet rolls to represent? Feel free to use the list I provided above. The play doh mats can be resized to use as cookie cutter shapes if needed.
5. Step 5 – Mix and roll out cookie dough. You can find a complete recipe here: Classic Cookie Cut Outs Recipe.
How do you keep hand cut cookies from breaking?
Want to make sure your cookies don’t break apart before you bake them, ice them and add them to the sweet rolls? Please keep following along on my Superhero Breakfast Tutorial by clicking “Next Page” below. You’re half way through the 10 Step Superhero Themed Breakfast Tutorial (there are 10 steps). AND, if you keep reading, you’ll get my FREE 50 Point Party Planner – never miss an important detail of your party planning again!
I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here: