Do you have a preschool aged child at home? Would you like to enrich their early childhood education with preschool activities that will help them learn the alphabet?
5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter D
Well, you are in the right place. Here I am sharing 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter D. It’s a sample pack from our family’s preschool at home program, Visual Montessori, based upon the 12 sensitive periods as outlined in Montessori.
My name is Monica, and I am a Certified Early Childhood Education Teacher. I homeschooled preschool with my two boys and now I teach other moms how to do the same through my online preschool program: Visual Montessori.
If you enjoy the FREE 5 Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter D, you may also like the entire Letter D Printable Pack, it includes 30 activities focused on learning the letter “D” and short words that start with the letter “D”. Click here to purchase the entire Letter D Printable Pack online.
Three Ways to Engage with the HappyandBlessedHome.com Preschool at Home Learning Curriculum
There are three ways to join our family in our preschool at home efforts and all three are included in this post about the Letter D.
- Level 1: FREE – Sign up for my FREE Printables as a member of HappyandblessedHome.com. Whenever I send out a free printable, easy recipe, or idea for family fun, the post will go straight to your in-box. Plus, you always have access to these FREE 5 Packs of Alphabet Letter Printables whenever you visit me online.
- Level 2: Al la Carte – If you love the 5 Page Packs of Alphabet Printables, you will absolutely love the full packs with 30+ activities for each letter of the alphabet, you can purchase the complete 30+ Activity Packs online in my store at Teachers Pay Teachers.
- Level 3: Get the full curriculum, complete with training videos, lesson plans, resource guide, printables, and online support, sign up at VisualMontessori.com. For the latest coupon or sale price on the curriculum send an e-mail to support [at] visualmontessori [dot] com
Download your copy of 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter D
To download your free copy of this 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter D with 5 fun learning activities for preschoolers to help them learn about the Letter D. Simply click the yellow button below.
Download the 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter D
Preschool Activities from our Preschool Homeschool
If you’d like to see what we did last year including a table set-up for sensory items and activities for little ones for ages 22-40 months go to the post: Letter D. If this is the first time you’ve been to Happy and Blessed Home, make sure to check out my home page. There you’ll see articles that will take you straight to a TON of other resources including even more free printables.
Learn to Read
If you would like to assess your preschooler’s readiness in the area of reading, I have a free chart in my post, Advancing Preschool Reading Behaviors. If you have a preschooler who knows their ABCs and who has expressed an interest in reading, this series of posts will be perfect for you. We’re on a journey to learn to read short words from either the list of Dolch sight words or short words that are easily represented with pictures. If you like this post, please PIN it on PINTEREST. 🙂
To get ready for each week I do some online research, and review tips from the books I’ve read. I start gathering ideas by searching for three and four letter words that start with the letter of the week. I make a list of the words that I think my preschooler is most likely to encounter and I may add longer words if they are easy to illustrate. I then go online and find free graphics and download them. Everything gets incorporated into the downloadable pdf files that you receive at Happy and Blessed Home.
I also spend some time on Pinterest looking for things that might be good for our letter activities for the week. I pin everything that looks interesting. My goal is to create a PINTEREST board for each letter of the alphabet. Follow me on Pinterest if you want to get copied on all the resources and ideas that I discover via Pinterest.
To help support the design and hosting of this blog I include affiliate links in my posts. My hope is that you’ll become a fan of Happy and Blessed Home and use these links when you can. Your support helps me produce free printables and helps me stay online.
Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter D
We start our preschool day with our preschool Morning Board. For a complete list of our morning board printables click here: Morning Board.
This week we started our letter D study starts with an easy craft. I found a cute image of a duck and I changed the image into a black and white outline so that it can become a fun decorating/coloring project. The downloadable package includes the duck and much, much more. Click here to purchase the entire Letter D Printable Pack online. The entire pdf file of 52 pages and 30 activities includes:
- 7 Coloring Pages
- 2 Connect the Dinosaurs
- 5 Tracing Pages
- Duck Craft
- Dog Puppet Craft
- Drum Lace-Up Card
- Cutting Practice
- Align and Count
- Counting and Organizing Dogs
- 20 flashcards with short words that start in “d”
- 2 Activities based on the letter “D”
- 5 Do-a-dot Pages
- Flashcards with letter “D” sight words
A heavy emphasis is being placed on reading in our preschool at home efforts this fall. If you’re looking for books for an emergent reader, I recommend:
- Big Dog . . . Little Dog (Bright & Early Board Books(TM)) – The letter “D” download includes a craft to go with this book.
- Go Away, Dog (My First I Can Read)
- The Little Blue Box of Bright and Early Board Books by Dr. Seuss (Bright & Early Board Books(TM))
- I Like Bugs (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
- The Incredible Dash (The Incredibles Step into Reading, Step 3)
- Bob Books, Set 1: Beginning Readers
In my downloadable Letter D Prinatble Pack from TeachersPayTeachers you’ll find flashcards for 20 words with pictures as well as sight words for your preschooler. For information about what sight words are appropriate for pre-K, kindergarten and up through grade 3, please see my post, sight words.
To supplement our letter D activities for the week, I also use God’s Little Explorers. Our letter D coincides with week 15 in GLE. In God’s Little Explorer’s the bible story for the week of letter D study is the story of John the Baptist in the Desert; from Matthew chapter 3. My favorite activity (used to emphasize the story) is one where you create sand art by drizzling glue and sprinkling sand on it. You can buy sand at an art store (or get it out of the backyard.) This is a great opportunity to teach little ones about the desert. Stacie has some wonderful ideas. Click here to learn more about God’s Little Explorers.
Our set-up for crafts is at a Mickey and Friends Activity Table. It’s perfect for preschoolers with an easily accessible table and chair height. For our lesson materials I use a Board Dudes 18″ x 22″ Magnetic Dry Erase Board. It’s a great way to display our flashcards so that I can review them with my eldest. My little one listens-in and even recognized the card that said “dad” on it. 🙂
The Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter D Printable Pack includes seven coloring pages. Click here to purchase the entire Letter D Printable Pack online. My eldest was excited about coloring the drum. Since his little brother was down for a nap, I was able to let him color with colored pencils. He enjoyed using them since they are normally off-limits. He doesn’t yet color within the lines, but I enjoy seeing him mix colors. From what I’ve read, the most important thing for children to do at this age is explore their world. Coloring is a great way to do that.
My 21-month-old latched on to the drum lace-up card I created for this pack right away. He called it a cake at first and said “yum”. He is so adorable. I’m just excited that he takes an interest in whatever his older brother and I are doing – I think it will help down the road when I spend more time teaching him as well. BTW, the laces I’m using are from the Matching Animals & Babies Lace-Up Cards. The cards are my own creation.
There are a handful of crafts in the printable pack. The one that we completed so far is of an orange duck. My son colored the duck and then I cut it out and glued it to a piece of light blue construction paper. We added Foam Stickers, Dot Letters and green glitter glue to our duck to give him some extra texture.
FREE Preschool Worksheets from my Preschool Alphabet Series
For each and every letter of the alphabet, you can access 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each letter of the alphabet. The worksheets are designed to illustrate what you can find in my printable packs online at TeachersPayTeaches. But if you truly want an awesome at home preschool experience, you’ll want to sign up for my online preschool at home program at VisualMontessori.com.
Moms who preschool at home with VisualMontessori.com gain access to 30+ training videos, 1,300 pages of printables that cover all 12 sensitive periods for learning from birth through age six, my Montessori preschool lesson plans, a resource guide for each and every letter of the alphabet, and online support.
Click through to gain access to 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each and every letter of the alphabet:
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter A
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter B
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter C
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter D
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter E
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter F
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter G
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter H
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter I
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter J
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter K
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter L
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter M
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter N
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter O
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter P
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Q
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter R
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter S
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter T
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter U
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter V
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter W
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter X
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Y
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Z
If you enjoy free printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have helpful preschool curriculum and teaching materials delivered to your inbox. E-mail messages may be delivered from HappyandBlessedHome.com or VisualMontessori.com. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
I do not spam my readers and I protect your privacy. Your e-mail address will only be used for updates from Happy and Blessed Home and/or Visual Montessori. Thanks for being a Happy and Blessed Home fan and if you’re using these printables and are enjoying them, please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!
Blog / YouTube /Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram
If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
Thanks for being a fan! Do you have a board for preschool activities or homeschooling on Pinterest? Help spread the word and PIN this post on Pinterest!