Walrus, worms, water, wishing well, and wagons – these are just a few of the words being featured for our letter “W” alphabet study. This week I’m sharing what’s in our Letter W Printable Pack for 30+ activities focused on learning the letter “W” and short words that start with the letter “W”. These printables are from our Learn to Read Preschool Letter Series, and they are intended to help you review vocabulary with your preschooler, venture into reading, as well as offer some fun crafts and activities to help inspire you along the way.
Preschool Tools for Early Childhood Education
Hi, Im Monica, an Early Childhood Education Certified Teacher. I teach other moms and preschool teachers how to preschool at home through my online preschool program: Visual Montessori. Visual Montessori is an online preschool learning curriculum that teaches caretakers how to preschool at home using all 12 Sensitive Periods for children between the ages of birth and six years old as outlined in Montessori.
If you want to enrich your preschooler’s early childhood education with preschool activities that will help them learn the alphabet, you will love what I am sharing here.
Three Ways to Engage with the HappyandBlessedHome.com Preschool at Home Learning Curriculum
There are three ways to join our family in our preschool at home efforts and all three are included in this post about the Letter W.
- Level 1: FREE – Sign up for my FREE Printables as a member of HappyandblessedHome.com. Whenever I send out a free printable, easy recipe, or idea for family fun, the post will go straight to your in-box. Plus, you always have access to these FREE 5 Packs of Alphabet Letter Printables whenever you visit me online.
- Level 2: Al la Carte – If you love the 5 Page Packs of Alphabet Printables, you will absolutely love the full packs with 30+ activities for each letter of the alphabet, you can purchase the complete 30+ Activity Packs online in my store at Teachers Pay Teachers.
- Level 3: Get the full curriculum, complete with training videos, lesson plans, resource guide, printables, and online support, sign up at VisualMontessori.com. For the latest coupon or sale price on the curriculum send an e-mail to support [at] visualmontessori [dot] com
5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter W
Attached here are 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter W. It’s a sample pack from our family’s preschool at home program, Visual Montessori with activities in math, spatial, order, language, reading, character, music, writing, senses, small objects, movement, and potty-training.
If you enjoy the FREE 5 Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter W, you may also like the entire Letter W Printable Pack, it includes 30 activities focused on learning the letter “W” and short words that start with the letter “W”. Click here to purchase the entire Letter W Printable Pack online.
Download your copy of 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter W
To download your free copy of this 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter W with 5 fun learning activities for preschoolers to help them learn about the Letter W. Simply click the yellow button below.
If you’d like to see what we did last year including a table set-up for sensory items and activities for little ones for ages 22-40 months go to the post: Letter W. If this is the first time you’ve been to Happy and Blessed Home, make sure to check out my home page. There you’ll see headlines that will take you straight to tons of other resources including even more free printables.
Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter W
This series is ideal for parents who have a preschooler who knows their ABCs and who has expressed an interest in reading. We’re on a journey to learn to read short words from either the list of Dolch sight words, or short words that are easily represented with pictures. If you would like to assess your preschooler’s readiness in the area of reading, I have a free chart in my post, Advancing Preschool Reading Behaviors. If you like this post, please PIN it on PINTEREST.
To get ready for each week I do some online research, and review tips from the books I’ve read. I also spend some time on Pinterest looking for things that might be good for our letter activities for the week. I pin everything that looks interesting. My goal is to create a PINTEREST board for each letter of the alphabet. Follow me on Pinterest if you want to get copied on all the resources and ideas that I discover via Pinterest.
Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter W
I’ve designed the Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet printable packs to be super easy for a busy mom. All you need are some scissors, glue, markers or crayons, and a little imagination. I laminate our projects, but it’s not necessary to do so. The Letter “W” printable pack includes: three puzzles, counting, matching and shapes games, do-a-dot, flashcards, crafts and loads more.
The coloring pages can be colored with paint, sponges, q-tips, markers, foam stamps, cotton balls, fruit or vegetable stamps, markers, crayons, or colored pencils. Feel free to add baking soda with vinegar to the mix or sand or glitter or whatever you want to create more texture.
Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter W Printable Pack
In the Learn to Read Preschool Letter W printable pack, the coloring pages are following by activities like a puzzle, draw a path, and craft. Crafts can be as simple or complex as you like. You can simply color the craft or you can print it on various pieces of colored construction paper and have your child assemble like a puzzle. I also like to include an object that the child can use to make the letter – this week we use colored walruses to make our letters “Ww”.
The printables pack will also include flashcards with commonly used and easy to illustrate words that start with the letter, as well as a lace-up card, cutting practice, counting, aligning and organizing activities. The package is completed with do-a-dot fun and sight words to aide in further study.
The entire download for letter W includes over 30 activities and 60 pages of printables:
- 10 Coloring Pages
- Letter W for sensory tracing
- Connect the Ties
- 20 flashcards with short words that start in “Ww”
- Flashcards with letter “W” sight words
- 7 Do-a-dot Pages
- Letter Ww with Walruses
- 5 Tracing Pages
- Three Puzzle Crafts
- Watermelon Lace-Up Card
- Shapes Cutting and Matching
- Cutting Practice
- Align and Count
- Counting and Organizing Walruses
- Learning about Living Things
In my downloadable letter “W” printables you’ll find flashcards for 20 words with pictures as well as sight words for your preschooler. For information about what sight words are appropriate for pre-K, kindergarten and up through grade 3, please see my post, sight words.
Helpful Preschool Teaching Tools
A preschool Morning Board is a great way to start a preschool day. I like to use is as a visual guide for the day and it helps me walk my preschoolers through some basics – reading a calendar, telling time, and more. For a complete list of our morning board printables click here: Morning Board.
To supplement our letter T activities for the week, I also use God’s Little Explorers. Our letter W coincides with week 12 in GLE. In God’s Little Explorer’s the bible story for the week of letter W study is the story Jonah being swallowed by a whale. My favorite activity (used to emphasize the story) is one where you build a “whale tent” and pretend you’re in the belly of a whale. Stacie has some wonderful ideas. Click here to learn more about God’s Little Explorers.
A Few Fun Pics of our “Water” explorations…
My two-year old figured out that by standing on the cabinet “lock” he could crawl over the edge of the sink and turn on the faucet.
And who says you can only put sand in a sand box? We’re using ours as a swimming pool complete with loads of “water”!
FREE Preschool Worksheets from my Preschool Alphabet Series
For each and every letter of the alphabet, you can access 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each letter of the alphabet. The worksheets are designed to illustrate what you can find in my printable packs online at TeachersPayTeaches. But if you truly want an awesome at home preschool experience, you’ll want to sign up for my online preschool at home program at VisualMontessori.com.
Moms who preschool at home with VisualMontessori.com gain access to 30+ training videos, 1,300 pages of printables that cover all 12 sensitive periods for learning from birth through age six, my Montessori preschool lesson plans, a resource guide for each and every letter of the alphabet, and online support.
Click through to gain access to 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each and every letter of the alphabet:
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter A
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter B
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter C
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter D
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter E
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter F
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter G
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter H
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter I
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter J
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter K
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter L
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter M
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter N
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter O
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter P
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Q
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter R
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter S
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter T
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter U
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter V
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter W
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter X
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Y
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Z
If you enjoy free printables, crafts, and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have helpful preschool curriculum and teaching materials delivered to your inbox. E-mail messages may be delivered from HappyandBlessedHome.com or VisualMontessori.com. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
I do not spam my readers and I protect your privacy. Your e-mail address will only be used for updates from Happy and Blessed Home and/or Visual Montessori. Thanks for being a Happy and Blessed Home fan and if you’re using these printables and are enjoying them, please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!
If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
Thanks for being a fan! Do you have a board for preschool activities or homeschooling on Pinterest? Help spread the word and PIN this post on Pinterest!