The letter “U” is for upside-down, underwater, underground, umbrella and more! This week I’m going to share what’s in our Printable Pack for 30 activities focused on learning the letter “U” and short words that start with the letter “U” by highlighting what’s inside the printable pack. These printables are from our Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Series, and they are intended to help you review vocabulary with your preschooler, venture into reading, as well as offer some fun crafts and activities to help inspire you along the way.
Do you have a preschool aged child at home? Would you like to enrich their early childhood education with preschool activities that will help them learn the alphabet?
5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter U
Well, you are in the right place. In this post I am sharing 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter U. It’s a sample pack from our family’s preschool at home program, Visual Montessori, based upon the 12 sensitive periods as outlined in Montessori.
Three Ways to Engage with the HappyandBlessedHome.com Preschool at Home Learning Curriculum
There are three ways to join our family in our preschool at home efforts and all three are included in this post about the Letter U.
- Level 1: FREE – Sign up for my FREE Printables as a member of HappyandblessedHome.com. Whenever I send out a free printable, easy recipe, or idea for family fun, the post will go straight to your in-box. Plus, you always have access to these FREE 5 Packs of Alphabet Letter Printables whenever you visit me online.
- Level 2: Al la Carte – If you love the 5 Page Packs of Alphabet Printables, you will absolutely love the full packs with 30+ activities for each letter of the alphabet, you can purchase the complete 30+ Activity Packs online in my store at Teachers Pay Teachers.
- Level 3: Get the full curriculum, complete with training videos, lesson plans, resource guide, printables, and online support, sign up at VisualMontessori.com. For the latest coupon or sale price on the curriculum send an e-mail to support [at] visualmontessori [dot] com
Download your copy of 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter U
To download your free copy of this 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter U with 5 fun learning activities for preschoolers to help them learn about the Letter U. Simply click the yellow button below.
Preschool Activities from our Preschool Homeschool
My name is Monica, and I am a Certified Early Childhood Education Teacher. I homeschooled preschool with my two boys and now I teach other moms how to do the same through my online preschool program: Visual Montessori.
If you enjoy the FREE 5 Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter U, you may also like the entire Letter U Printable Pack, it includes 30 activities focused on learning the letter “U” and short words that start with the letter “U”. Click here to purchase the entire Letter U Printable Pack online.
Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter U
I’ve designed the Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet printable packs to be super easy for a busy mom. All you need are some scissors, glue, markers or crayons, and a little imagination.
Each Pack starts with the letter of the week (or lesson) in an easy to color and trace formats. This section is followed by coloring pages.
The coloring pages can be colored with paint, sponges, q-tips, markers, foam stamps, cotton balls, fruit or vegetable stamps, markers, crayons, or colored pencils. Feel free to add baking soda with vinegar to the mix or sand or glitter or whatever you want to create more texture.
The coloring pages are following by activities like draw a path, cut and glue, or create a puzzle. Puzzles can be as simple or complex as you like. You can choose the larger or smaller jigsaw puzzles. I also like to include an object that the child can use to make the letter – this week we use colored urns to make our letters “Uu”. You can also see our do-a-dot umbrella in this image.
The printables pack will also include flashcards with commonly used and easy to illustrate words that start with the letter, as well as a lace-up card, cutting practice, counting, aligning and organizing activities. The package is completed with worksheets to learn all about underwater and underground animals.
If you would like to assess your preschooler’s readiness in the area of reading, I have a free chart in my post, Advancing Preschool Reading Behaviors. If you like this post, please PIN it on PINTEREST. 🙂
Morning Board Study
A great way to start a preschool day is with the preschool Morning Board. The morning board is a great way to teach preschoolers basic life skills lik etelling time, reading a calendar, and identifying shapes, colors and numbers. For a complete list of our morning board printables click here: Morning Board.
Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter U
The entire pdf file for our letter “U” this week consists of 62 pages and 30+ activities. If you love the idea of reviewing all these fun activities with your preschooler, you can get the Preschool Alphabet Letter U printable Pack in my store on Teachers Pay Teachers. It includes:
- 10 Coloring Pages
- Letter U Sensory Tracing
- 1 Connect the Unicycles
- 5 Tracing Pages
- Underground, under and udder Puzzle Crafts
- Umbrella Lace-Up Card
- Cutting Practice
- Align and Count
- Counting and Organizing Urns
- 20 flashcards with short words that start in “Uu”
- Underground and Underwater Animals Worksheets
- 7 Do-a-dot Pages
- Flashcards with letter “Uu” sight words
In my downloadable printables you’ll find flashcards for 20 words with pictures as well as sight words for your preschooler. For information about what sight words are appropriate for pre-K, kindergarten and up through grade 3, please see my post, sight words.
Teach Character in your Preschool
To supplement our letter U activities for the week, I also use God’s Little Explorers. Our letter U coincides with week 27 in GLE. In God’s Little Explorer’s the bible story for the week of letter U study is the story of Jesus’ ascension, from Acts 1:9. Stacie emphasizes things that are “up in the sky” this week including crafts and activities for creating a moon, stars, and space suit. Stacie has some wonderful ideas for helping young children explore the bible. Click here to learn more about God’s Little Explorers.
FREE Preschool Worksheets from my Preschool Alphabet Series
For each and every letter of the alphabet, you can access 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each letter of the alphabet. The worksheets are designed to illustrate what you can find in my printable packs online at TeachersPayTeaches. But if you truly want an awesome at home preschool experience, you’ll want to sign up for my online preschool at home program at VisualMontessori.com.
Moms who preschool at home with VisualMontessori.com gain access to 30+ training videos, 1,300 pages of printables that cover all 12 sensitive periods for learning from birth through age six, my Montessori preschool lesson plans, a resource guide for each and every letter of the alphabet, and online support.
Click through to gain access to 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each and every letter of the alphabet:
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter A
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter B
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter C
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter D
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter E
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter F
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter G
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter H
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter I
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter J
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter K
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter L
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter M
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter N
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter O
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter P
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Q
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter R
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter S
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter T
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter U
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter V
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter W
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter X
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Y
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Z
If you enjoy free printables, crafts, and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have helpful preschool curriculum and teaching materials delivered to your inbox. E-mail messages may be delivered from HappyandBlessedHome.com or VisualMontessori.com. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
I do not spam my readers and I protect your privacy. Your e-mail address will only be used for updates from Happy and Blessed Home and/or Visual Montessori. Thanks for being a Happy and Blessed Home fan and if you’re using these printables and are enjoying them, please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!
If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
Thanks for being a fan! Do you have a board for preschool activities or homeschooling on Pinterest? Help spread the word and PIN this post on Pinterest!