This week at the #ETHANProject the theme is “enjoy the sky”. The boys and I have been making trips to the park and our entire family was able to watch a demonstration of the Thunderbirds in flight! Today I’m sharing photos from the air show as well as some of our kite-flying adventures. Plus, later this week, for the first time ever, the boys will get to see a few small-scale fireworks in action – sparklers, roman candles, and snap dragons. Woo-hoo I can hardly wait! I hope you’re enjoying the summer season and all the goodness of gathering together with family and friends.
This post is part of a series for moms encouraging moms. I’m participating in a 10 week challenge called the #ETHANProject and every week we’re tackling a summer fun project to enjoy with our children and families. ETHAN stands for Enjoy the Here and Now. It’s a group of moms and bloggers who are getting together to encourage each other to drink in the moments with our kids, families, and friends to truly enjoy the essence of Summer.
The #ETHANProject started June 1 and runs all summer long. You can read my introductory post here: #ETHANProject Summer Kickoff. You can join anytime and share your summertime fun with the #ETHANProject community – keep reading for details about where you can find us on Facebook and via our link-up – more details below.
5 Tips for Teaching Kids to Enjoy the Sky #ETHANProject
I hope to encourage and inspire friends to enjoy the sky this summer with their kids and families. We’ve been incredibly blessed with magnificent weather this year and I’m excited to share some of our family adventures. These are some fun parenting tips I’m sharing as part of the #ETHANProject. I hope these photos and ideas inspire you. If you have some tips for enjoying the sky please leave a comment below – I love hearing from my readers.
5 Tips from our adventures to Enjoy the Sky
Tip 1: Teach kids to look up! This photo was a part of my post on 10 Tips for Teaching Kids to Enjoy the View. No matter the weather, the sky creates a breathtaking view.
Tip 2: Teach kids to feel the wind in their hair. The breeze and wind are all a part of the sky. Even though they can’t see the wind, I tell my kids to enjoy feeling the wind in their hair and the breeze across their face.
Tip 3: Teach kids to appreciate gravity. “Mommy – why won’t the basket fly?” The helium balloons aren’t strong enough for takeoff. But they do make for some fun photos! If your family enjoys hot air balloon fun, check out my post with 50 Free Pages of Hot Air Balloon Printable and Party Decorations.
Tip 4: Fly a Kite! Trying to launch a kite into the sky is loads of fun and it’s a great way to teach kids about enjoying the sky.
Tip 5: Point out something new! We were fortunate to be able to watch an air show featuring the Tunderbirds. But if you think about it, airplanes and helicopters are in flight overhead all the time. Just be on the lookout and point out new views in the sky when the opportunity arises.
I loved watching the planes but I loved the excited looks of my boy’s faces even more.
Another fun shot of the Thunderbirds in formation.
And a cute photo of my eldest sharing secrets with his cousin while we enjoyed the air show.
Interested in sharing your summer fun with us? Join the #ETHANProject and enjoy weekly inspiration and updates from HappyandBlessedHome.com and a handful of other awesome and amazing bloggers by visiting us online.
It’s Easy to Join the #EthanProject
- Download the Schedule: Every week for 10 weeks the #ETHANProject bloggers are posting and sharing about one of the simple inspiring ways we can capture the essence of Summer. Here is a list. Put it on your fridge or download to your smartphone. Be inspired by the simple reminders to seize the day every day this summer! Just click the image to enlarge it and print it off at home. Right mouse click to save it to your computer or phone.
- Download the FREE PDF: You can also download your FREE PDF copy of the schedule and inspiring topics here by clicking the blue “Download Now” button. Download Now!
- Facebook: Join the Facebook group to share ideas and inspire and encourage each other during the summer months. Click here to join ETHAN Project Facebook group.
- Visit the Linkup: Be sure to check GroundedAndSurrounded.com every Friday for our blogger link-up and to see a re-cap of our favorite photos & stories from the week! Leave comments, engage, and encourage each other and your favorite bloggers via this fun link-up for #ETHANProject participants.
- Search #ETHANProject hashtag to find posts and bloggers participating in the project – reach out to them and make new friends online.
#ETHANproject MISSION: The purpose of the #ETHANproject (ENJOY the HERE and NOW Project) is to inspire your creativity, motivate you to be a better mom and support you through the summer months.
Share your Tips for enjoying Summer Fun
Do you have any special plans for summer? Have any tips to share for teaching kids how to enjoy the sky? As a mom of two boys I am always looking out for great ideas! Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
If you liked this post on the #ETHANProject, you may also like:
|Enjoy the View||Building Character||FREE Apps||Clean Messes