Why use apps on your phone?
Have you ever forgotten an appointment? Library book? Bill payment? Has your spouse ever complained that they would just like to know where you are during the day because they have a hard time reaching you (or vice versa)?
Did you know you can sync calendars with your spouse (giving them insight into your crazy schedule), set reminders that beep, squak, or buzz at you when needed, set up calendar notices for significant events and more? It is possible to get a handle on everything but it takes a little prep in the beginning — and weekly updates to keep everything running smoothly.
The time invested in setting up your new system will pay dividends. No more embarrassing phone calls to let you know you forgot to return your library books. I confess, sometimes I’m late on library books.
5 FREE Apps to help you Plan Ahead
- Sunrise Calendar – This is a FREE calendar app made for Google Calendar, Exchange and iCloud. The logo for Sunrise is an orange ball – it looks like a sunrise over water. It’s been downloaded by over 1 million users and is ranked highly on the Google Play store. The app integrates with many other services including – Facebook, Evernote, Foursqaure, and TripIt. One of the things I like about this calendar app is that I can invite my husband to see it on his Google account. We can both add events and activities and “see” what the other is up to. I love how clear the graphics are on the the Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro. You can organize schedules for every member of the family using Sunrise.Since it even syncs with birthdays on Facebook, Sunrise can help you stay up to date with all the events happening in your life. Sunrise automatically syncs between your phone, tablet and computer, so you can access your calendar from anywhere. You can use this app to plan ahead and make like a little easier.
- Evernote – Have you ever gotten to the grocery store and realized you forgot your grocery list? How about the notes you made at a conference you attended and you need to review your notes? Or how about a recipe you found on a blog that really want to try, but now you can’t find it? Evernote is your go-anywhere notepad. Set reminders with locations and details. Write and collect images in a single note file. Evernote can also be used as a checklist that you check off as you complete tasks. Since it’s on your mobile device you can clip and save images and data from the web in Evernote – including recipes.
- Foursquare – Foursquare is your ultimate city guide and it’s a FREE app for your phone. Find the best places to eat, drink, shop, or visit — in any city in the world. Access over 60 million short reviews from local experts. Perfect for everything from visiting a new city, to making reservations at your favorite local restaurant. Download Foursquare and make Father’s Day dinner plans easily. Preview the food photos from the restaurant on your phone. You can see some of the menu offerings clear as day on the Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro — pictured below.
- TripIt – If Father’s Day or other summer plans take you out of town, TripIt is a FREE app you can use to plan every detail of your trip and share that itinerary with whomever you desire. If there is bad weather anticipated for your end destination, TripIt will send you an alert to warn you ahead of time. TripIt keeps track of past and future trips, and it can track airline points or milage if requested. Bonus: TripIt connects directly to the Sunrise Calendar- keeping all your travel plans connected to your planning calendar. Make your summer travel plans using TripIt and keep and store all your travel details right on your phone.
- Google Maps – Another app our family uses all the time is Google Maps. Google Maps comes pre-installed on the Alcatel One Touch Pop Astro. You can use it to get directions, plan a road trip, find fast food restaurants en route, and plan “via” stopping points along the way. Google Maps is a crucial tool when you wan to plan ahead. Bonus: It’s probably already downloaded onto your phone.
Affordable Solutions for Planning Ahead
Busy Schedule? How do you keep everything organized?
These are the apps I’ve found most helpful for our family. Do you have a favorite app for making dinner plans, booking a flight, or setting reminders? How do you keep everyone’s schedules coordinated? Please share with this online community by leaving a comment below – I love to hear from HappyandBlessedHome.com readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
If you like this post about 5 FREE Apps to help you plan ahead, you may also like:
|FREE & Frugal Planners||
FREE Avengers app