There are days when I look at my kids and I wonder, “how did you get so big?” Of course, then I remember the days they slept in until nine, or the times they ate a grilled cheese, banana, veggie sticks, AND a chocolate chip cookie. Kids are amazing to watch, always growing, always learning, so inquisitive, and we even catch them saying or doing something that… looks… and sounds… just like US!
I LOVE Summer
I love, love, love Summertime. I enjoy the longer days of sunny rays, and all the warmth and fun outdoor activities that summertime brings. I love the increased freedom in our schedule and the ability to spend days at the park or swimming pool in the warm sunshine.
The only challenge with Summer is that the season will end. Eventually it’s back to a fall routine with the commitments that come with schooling and extracurricular activities. This summer I’ve decided to be a bit more intentional and more deliberate about my summertime planning.
Encouraging Moms to Enjoy the Here and Now – #ETHANProject
I joined the #ETHANproject. ETHAN stands for Enjoy the Here and Now. I love that this group of bloggers and moms are getting together to encourage each other to drink it in – drink in the beauty and now-ness of summertime goodness. If you’re looking to be inspired and you want to seize the day and enjoy the here and now, you’ll LOVE this series of posts from some talented and loving bloggers – including yours truly – me.
My friend Laura says it perfectly, “I love the idea behind the #ETHANproject. I am an encourager and my mantra has always been, “Mama, you’re doing just fine.” Let’s get off Pinterest, stop comparing, & LIVE this beautiful, messy life!”
The #ETHANProject starts June 1 and runs all summer long. You can join anytime and share your summertime fun with the #ETHANProject community – keep reading for details about where you can find us on Facebook and via our link-up – more details below.
What our Kids Need
As bloggers and moms, one of the things we talked about was how the one thing we all have in common is the fact that our children need more of us during the summer months. They need our time, our energy and our creativity. I don’t know about you, but sometimes I am stretched so thin, I don’t have much energy to invest in inspiring my children be as creative as they can be. I make so many sacrifices as a mom, and I still need time during the summer to recharge my own batteries and find rest in the craziness of mommy-hood.
To help encourage each other in our summertime journey, I’ve joined with several other bloggers to participate in a 10-week challenge to help us re-focus our lives and learn to “ENJOY the HERE and NOW.” We believe in the value of setting clear goals and the importance of having a supportive community to help us accomplish those goals.
Great Reasons to Join the #ETHANProject
What if you entered the summer months knowing that you had a community of women cheering you on, celebrating the small victories with you, and challenging you to STOP and ENJOY the special moments with your children?
What if you had one day a week set aside to do something creative and fun, outside the box and you didn’t have to come up with the ideas all on your own?
Join the #ETHANProject and enjoy weekly inspiration and updates from HappyandBlessedHome.com and a handful of other awesome and amazing bloggers by visiting us online.
It’s Easy to Join the #EthanProject
- Download the Schedule: Every week for 10 weeks the #ETHANProject bloggers are posting and sharing about one of the simple inspiring ways we can capture the essence of Summer. Here is a list. Put it on your fridge or download to your smartphone. Be inspired by the simple reminders to seize the day every day this summer! Just click the image to enlarge it and print it off at home. Right mouse click to save it to your computer or phone.
- Download the FREE PDF: You can also download your FREE PDF copy of the schedule and inspiring topics here by clicking the blue “Download Now” button.
- Facebook: Join the Facebook group to share ideas and inspire and encourage each other during the summer months. Click here to join ETHAN Project Facebook group.
- Visit the Linkup: Be sure to check GroundedAndSurrounded.com every Friday for our blogger link-up and to see a re-cap of our favorite photos & stories from the week! Leave comments, engage, and encourage each other and your favorite bloggers via this fun link-up for #ETHANProject participants.
- Search #ETHANProject hashtag to find posts and bloggers participating in the project – reach out to them and make new friends online.
#ETHANproject MISSION: The purpose of the #ETHANproject (ENJOY the HERE and NOW Project) is to inspire your creativity, motivate you to be a better mom and support you through the summer months.
Share your Summer Plans
Do you have any special plans for summer? How do you plan to celebrate family fun and the summer sun this year? Can you join us at #ETHANProject and share your summer fun memories with us? Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
If you liked this post on the #ETHANProject, you may also like: