J stands for jump, jeep, jacks, and just a whole lot of other fun things! If you’ll looking to enrich your preschooler’s early childhood education with just a few simple preschool activities at home –> you are in the right place!
Hi, I’m Monica, an Early Childhood Education Certified Teacher. I have a passion for helping other moms and teachers with their preschool at home efforts. Now I teach other moms how to preschool at home with fun preschool activities through my online preschool program: Visual Montessori.
I spent over five years developing a preschool learning curriculum for my two boys and I used the principles of Montessori, and everything I’ve learned about childhood development, to create a preschool learning curriculum based upon the 12 Sensitive Periods for children between the ages of birth and six years old as outlined in Montessori.
Three Ways to Engage with the HappyandBlessedHome.com Preschool at Home Learning Curriculum
There are three ways to join our family in our preschool at home efforts and all three are included in this post about the Letter J.
- Level 1: FREE – Sign up for my FREE Printables as a member of HappyandblessedHome.com. Whenever I send out a free printable, easy recipe, or idea for family fun, the post will go straight to your in-box. Plus, you always have access to these FREE 5 Packs of Alphabet Letter Printables whenever you visit me online.
- Level 2: Al la Carte – If you love the 5 Page Packs of Alphabet Printables, you will absolutely love the full packs with 30+ activities for each letter of the alphabet, you can purchase the complete 30+ Activity Packs online in my store at Teachers Pay Teachers.
- Level 3: Get the full curriculum, complete with training videos, lesson plans, resource guide, printables, and online support, sign up at VisualMontessori.com. For the latest coupon or sale price on the curriculum send an e-mail to support [at] visualmontessori [dot] com
5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter J
Here I am sharing 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter J. It’s a sample pack from our family’s preschool at home program, Visual Montessori, based upon the 12 sensitive periods as outlined in Montessori.
If you enjoy the FREE 5 Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter J, you may also like the entire Letter J Printable Pack, it includes 30 activities focused on learning the letter “J” and short words that start with the letter “J”. Click here to purchase the entire Letter J Printable Pack online.
Download your copy of 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter J
To download your free copy of this 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter J with 5 fun learning activities for preschoolers to help them learn about the Letter J. Simply click the yellow button below.
How we set up our Preschool at Home
With our morning board set-up, we’re going to re-start our study of the alphabet with a new focus on reading. If your child already knows their ABCs – then you’re right where we are at and this will be a great series of posts for you. If you’d like to see what we did last year including a table set-up for sensory items and activities for little ones for ages 22-40 months please go to the post: Letter J.
How we use the Preschool Circle Time Morning Board
Our routine is to use the morning board two or three times a week with lots of reading every day. The Morning Board helps cover key skills – how to read a calendar, how to tell time, count money, bible verse for the week, shape, color and number for the week. It includes some key life skills as well as basic math skills. I don’t expect any sort of mastery here – I’m just trying to introduce concepts to my little guy. During that time I also read a bible story. I will use various tools on the morning board for the entire year or until my son has mastered the skills.
For a complete list of our morning board printables click here: Morning Board. We’ve completed the alphabet before but the emphasis now is on reading. Hence, you’ll see a focus on increasing vocabulary and sight words in upcoming posts.
Is your Preschooler Ready to Read?
If you would like to assess your preschooler’s readiness in the area of reading, I have a free chart in my post, Advancing Preschool Reading Behaviors. If you like this post, please PIN it on PINTEREST. 🙂
Teaching Character through a Preschool at Home
To supplement my plan, I also use God’s Little Explorers. It’s a great resource for teaching character to little ones. Stacie has some wonderful ideas. Click here to learn more about God’s Little Explorers.
What’s Inside the Complete Letter J Printable Pack?
I’ve designed the Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet printable packs to be super easy for a busy mom. All you need are some scissors, glue, markers or crayons, and a little imagination. Click here to purchase the entire Letter J Printable Pack online.
Each pack starts with the letter of the week (or lesson) in an easy to color and trace formats. This section is followed by coloring pages.
The coloring pages can be colored with paint, sponges, q-tips, markers, foam stamps, cotton balls, fruit or vegetable stamps, markers, crayons, or colored pencils. Feel free to add sand, glitter or whatever you want to create more texture.
The coloring pages are followed by activities like – draw-a-path, crafts and games. Crafts, like creating the letter “J with jelly jars, can be as simple or complex as you like. The letter “J” printable pack also includes a roll-the-dice game to increase vocabulary, and a “Jumping Jelly Beans” game that can be customized to teach letters,shapes, numbers and more.
This printable pack will also include flashcards with commonly used and easy to illustrate words that start with the letter, as well as a lace-up card, cutting practice, counting, aligning and organizing activities. The package is completed with do-a-dot fun, and sight words to aide in further study.
I just thought this would be a nice way to highlight some of the contents of the letter “J” printable pack. Click here to purchase the entire Letter J Printable Pack online.
Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter J
The entire pdf file for our letter “J” consists of 60 pages and 30+ activities and includes:
- 12 Coloring Pages
- Letter J for sensory tracing
- 1 Connect the jewels
- 5 Tracing Pages
- Letter “J” with Jars
- Jelly Lace-Up Card
- Roll the Dice activity and vocabulary game
- Jumping Jelly Beans Game
- Fill the Jar Game
- Shapes Cutting and Matching
- Cutting Practice
- Align and Count
- Counting and Organizing Jelly Beans
- 20 flashcards with short words that start in “Jj”
- 5 Do-a-dot Pages
- Flashcards with letter “J” sight words
FREE Preschool Worksheets from my Preschool Alphabet Series
For each and every letter of the alphabet, you can access 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each letter of the alphabet. The worksheets are designed to illustrate what you can find in my printable packs online at TeachersPayTeachers. But if you truly want an awesome at home preschool experience, you’ll want to sign up for my online preschool at home program at VisualMontessori.com.
Moms who preschool at home with VisualMontessori.com gain access to 30+ training videos, 1,300 pages of printables that cover all 12 sensitive periods for learning from birth through age six, my Montessori preschool lesson plans, a resource guide for each and every letter of the alphabet, and online support.
Click through to gain access to 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each and every letter of the alphabet:
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter A
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter B
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter C
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter D
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter E
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter F
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter G
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter H
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter I
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter J
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter K
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter L
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter M
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter N
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter O
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter P
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Q
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter R
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter S
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter T
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter U
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter V
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter W
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter X
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Y
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Z
If you enjoy free printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have helpful preschool curriculum and teaching materials delivered to your inbox. E-mail messages may be delivered from HappyandBlessedHome.com or VisualMontessori.com. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
I do not spam my readers and I protect your privacy. Your e-mail address will only be used for updates from Happy and Blessed Home and/or Visual Montessori. Thanks for being a Happy and Blessed Home fan and if you’re using these printables and are enjoying them, please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!
If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
Thanks for being a fan! Do you have a board for preschool activities or homeschooling on Pinterest? Help spread the word and PIN this post on Pinterest!