This week we have horses, houses, and happy kids! We’re studying the alphabet and going through all 12 sensitive periods as outlined in Montessori in our preschool at home curriculum at HappyandBlessedHome.com. Did you know you can enrich your preschooler’s early childhood education with just a few simple preschool activities at home?
Hi, Im Monica, an Early Childhood Education Certified Teacher. I teach other moms and preschool teachers how to preschool at home through my online preschool program: Visual Montessori. Visual Montessori is an online preschool learning curriculum that teaches caretakers how to preschool at home using all 12 Sensitive Periods for children between the ages of birth and six years old as outlined in Montessori.
If you want to enrich your preschooler’s early childhood education with preschool activities that will help them learn the alphabet, you will love what I am sharing here.
Three Ways to Engage with the HappyandBlessedHome.com Preschool at Home Learning Curriculum
There are three ways to join our family in our preschool at home efforts and all three are included in this post about the Letter A.
- Level 1: FREE – Sign up for my FREE Printables as a member of HappyandblessedHome.com. Whenever I send out a free printable, easy recipe, or idea for family fun, the post will go straight to your in-box. Plus, you always have access to these FREE 5 Packs of Alphabet Letter Printables whenever you visit me online.
- Level 2: Al la Carte – If you love the 5 Page Packs of Alphabet Printables, you will absolutely love the full packs with 30+ activities for each letter of the alphabet, you can purchase the complete 30+ Activity Packs online in my store at Teachers Pay Teachers.
- Level 3: Get the full curriculum, complete with training videos, lesson plans, resource guide, printables, and online support, sign up at VisualMontessori.com. For the latest coupon or sale price on the curriculum send an e-mail to support [at] visualmontessori [dot] com
5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter H
Attached here are 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter H. It’s a sample pack from our family’s preschool at home program, Visual Montessori with activities in math, spatial, order, language, reading, character, music, writing, senses, small objects, movement, and potty-training.
If you enjoy the FREE 5 Preschool Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter H, you may also like the entire Letter H Printable Pack, it includes 30 activities focused on learning the letter “H” and short words that start with the letter “H”. Click here to purchase the entire Letter H Printable Pack online.
Download your copy of 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter H
To download your free copy of this 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter H with 5 fun learning activities for preschoolers to help them learn about the Letter H. Simply click the yellow button below.
Download the 5 FREE Worksheets for Preschool Alphabet Letter H
How we set up our Preschool at Home
This week we are learning the letter “H” and short words that start with the letter “H”. If you’d like to see what we did last year including a table set-up for sensory items and activities for little ones for ages 22-40 months go to the post: Letter H. If this is the first time you’ve been to Happy and Blessed Home, make sure to check out my home page. There you’ll see headlines that will take you straight to a bunch of other resources including even more free printables.
Learn to Read Preschool Activities
This series is ideal for parents who have a preschooler who knows their ABCs and who has expressed an interest in reading. We’re on a journey to learn to read short words from either the list of Dolch sight words, or short words that are easily represented with pictures. If you would like to assess your preschooler’s readiness in the area of reading, I have a free chart in my post, Advancing Preschool Reading Behaviors. If you like this post, please PIN it on PINTEREST. 🙂
To get ready for each week I do some online research, and review tips from the books I’ve read. I also spend some time on Pinterest looking for things that might be good for our letter activities for the week. I pin everything that looks interesting. My goal is to create a PINTEREST board for each letter of the alphabet. Follow me on Pinterest if you want to get copied on all the resources and ideas that I discover via Pinterest.
To help support the design and hosting of this blog I include affiliate links in my posts. My hope is that you’ll become a fan of Happy and Blessed Home and use these links when you can. Your support helps me produce free printables and helps me stay online.
Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter H
This week I printed out all the materials for our letter “H” study and the first thing my 3& 1/2 year-old wanted to do was play with the cards. He asked if he could line them up to make a brick wall. I thought that was pretty clever since the cards are shaped just like small bricks. 🙂 The boys also had fun creating houses out of cardboard boxes. I’ve attached pics of some of our activities below. Click here to purchase the entire Letter H Printable Pack online.
The entire download for letter H includes:
- 11 Coloring Pages
- Letter H for sensory tracing
- Connect the Hearts
- 20 flashcards with short words that start in “Hh”
- Flashcards with letter “H” sight words
- 5 Do-a-dot Pages
- Letter Hh with Houses
- 5 Tracing Pages
- Horse Craft
- Roll the Dice Game(s)
- House Craft
- Three Letter H games
- Hamburger Lace-Up Card
- Shapes Cutting and Matching
- Cutting Practice
- Align and Count
- Counting and Organizing Hats
The picture below contains many of the printables and crafts included in the full letter “H” printable pack.
Reading is one of the 12 Sensitive Periods from Montessori
Reading is one of the 12 Sensitive Periods as outlined in Montessori. It’s one of our key focus areas in our at home preschool. A heavy emphasis is being placed on reading in our preschool at home efforts this fall. If you’re looking for books for an emergent reader, I recommend:
- Hot Dog (Step-Into-Reading, Step 1)
- Animal Babies (Rookie Ready to Learn: Seasons and Weather)
- May I Please Have a Cookie? (Scholastic Readers, Level 1)
- Cooking With the Cat (The Cat in the Hat: Step Into Reading, Step 1)
In my downloadable printables you’ll find flashcards for 20 words with pictures as well as sight words for your preschooler. For information about what sight words are appropriate for pre-K, kindergarten and up through grade 3, please see my post, sight words.
Start your Day with the Preschool Circle Time Morning Board
We start our preschool day with our preschool Morning Board. My boys love learning about clocks, the weather, shapes, colors, numbers, and how to read a calendar. For a complete list of our morning board printables click here: Morning Board.
Teach Character in your at home Preschool
To supplement our letter H activities for the week, I also use God’s Little Explorers. Our letter H coincides with week 18 in GLE. In God’s Little Explorer’s the bible story for the week of letter H study is the story of Jesus feeding 5,000 hungry people; from Matthew 14:13-21. My favorite activity (used to emphasize the story) is one where you count goldfish – a great way to illustrate the fish and bread. Stacie has some wonderful ideas. Click here to learn more about God’s Little Explorers.
Our Preschool at Home Journey
A photo from our my son’s attempt to build a brick wall using the flashcards and other printables.
The boys decided to make a left-over cardboard box into a house. Even my 23 month-old got in on the house “building”.
FREE Preschool Worksheets from my Preschool Alphabet Series
For each and every letter of the alphabet, you can access 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each letter of the alphabet. The worksheets are designed to illustrate what you can find in my printable packs online at TeachersPayTeaches. But if you truly want an awesome at home preschool experience, you’ll want to sign up for my online preschool at home program at VisualMontessori.com.
Moms who preschool at home with VisualMontessori.com gain access to 30+ training videos, 1,300 pages of printables that cover all 12 sensitive periods for learning from birth through age six, my Montessori preschool lesson plans, a resource guide for each and every letter of the alphabet, and online support.
Click through to gain access to 5 FREE Preschool Worksheets for each and every letter of the alphabet:
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter A
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter B
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter C
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter D
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter E
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter F
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter G
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter H
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter I
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter J
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter K
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter L
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter M
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter N
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter O
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter P
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Q
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter R
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter S
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter T
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter U
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter V
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter W
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter X
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Y
- Learn to Read Preschool Alphabet Letter Z
If you enjoy free printables, crafts, and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have helpful preschool curriculum and teaching materials delivered to your inbox. E-mail messages may be delivered from HappyandBlessedHome.com or VisualMontessori.com. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
I do not spam my readers and I protect your privacy. Your e-mail address will only be used for updates from Happy and Blessed Home and/or Visual Montessori. Thanks for being a Happy and Blessed Home fan and if you’re using these printables and are enjoying them, please leave a comment. I would love to hear from you!
Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram/ YouTube
If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
Thanks for being a fan! Do you have a board for preschool activities or homeschooling on Pinterest? Help spread the word and PIN this post on Pinterest!