This week’s Family Fun Friday features finger puppets, harvest play, foraging, and flavors like cinnamon, apples, pumpkin, squash, and peaches. We have campfire cooking, baking, FREE printables celebrating fall, and so much more. If you enjoy the features on Family Fun Friday please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you! If you see things that you like here – please PIN on Pinterest! To PIN a specific blogger’s post please click through and pin directly from their site. Thanks so much!
If you’re a mom keep reading because we have some wonderful fun ideas to inspire you with your little ones and family. My blogging friends are linking up craft ideas, fun in the kitchen, preschool & homeschool ideas, and ways to spend time as a family.
My blog is growing but I need your help, please like my facebook page and help spread the word about HappyandBlessedHome.com. Thanks so much. If you Pin the lists buttons on Pinterest you’ll help this blogging party grow!
This week I shared my FREE Shapes, Colors and Numbers Matching Game. I designed it to go with the Melissa and Doug Shape Sorting Clock. It’s a great way to introduce shapes, colors and numbers to a young child.
There are still a days left for you to still sign up to receive 10 FREE eBooks with your copy of the book Women Living Well. Courtney’s book ministers to my heart and encourages me as a mom, wife and woman. I highly recommend checking it out to see if its something that interests you.
Thanks to all my blogging friends for linking up last week at Family Fun Friday. I have a special YouTube Video for you at Thank You All My Blogging Friends! So many great ideas, crafts and things to do! If you link up, you permit me to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media.
Now on to some fabulous posts for moms.
Fall is upon us! What an exciting time of year. I love the fall colors and the changing leaves. This week we’re featuring some fun family activities that you can enjoy with your family this fall.
- Jenny over at the Jenny Evolution shared a wonderful post about 5 Alternatives to Trick-or-Treating this Halloween. It’s a super fun list – if you’re looking for ways to make fun family memories I highly recommend checking it out. She also has a post on Fall Sensory Bins that is equally good.
- If you want to know How to Pick the Perfect Pumpkin at the Patch – don’t miss this post by Marvelous Musings. Taking the family to pick out a pumpkin is a great way to spend time together as a family.
- Rosanna Ward at Next Gen Homeschool shares Fall Brings Crisp Adventures, and Fun Traditions. I love how she and her family embrace fall and take field trips and plan other great activities.
- Alice at Mums Make Lists Shared a fantastic list of plants, berries and seeds that you can Forage for in Fall. Check out her tips.
- And Faith over at Fruit Seekers knows how to have fun together as a family. Her post is a series of pictures of her Family in Action – having fun shopping, going on rides, even in the bathroom! Faith – I enjoyed seeing your post!
Now, shift your thoughts to the flavors of fall… cinnamon, apples, pumpkin, squash, peaches, and don’t forget all the baked goodies that go along with fall cooking!
- My personal favorite (because I am addicted to rice krispie treats) are these Pumpkin Krispie Treats. Jen posted about these as a guest over at I Dig Pinterest. I love how she created these with her boys. It inspires me to do something with my boys too.
- One Tipsy Chick shared some fabulous looking Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Casserole. I love making casseroles because leftovers mean I can cook less often and still have enough for the next day.
- And before the weather gets too cold, I think everyone needs to go camping outside and make these Campfire Pockets. Lora shared these over on her blog My Blessed Life and I’m so glad she did. My family loves camping so this is a perfect post. 🙂
- Krissy over at B-Inspired Mama shared her Pumpkin Apple Crisp Waffle Recipe. I am a total waffle-lover and these looks amazing. I would never have dreamed to put all that on a waffle but I’m sure it’s so delicious. Thanks Krissy!
- Tara over at This Sweet Life shared an awesome looking recipe for Easy Peach Cobbler. Tara, my husband brought home a pallet of peaches this week so I’m excited to try a cobbler like this one. Thanks for your post!
- Nicole over at Flavors by Four rounds out this week’s collection with her Pumpkin Cookies Two Different Ways. I’ll take the ones with the chocolate drizzle. Thank you. 😉
I love these posts as they encourage learning with fun.
- Christine over at I Dig Pinterest shared this adorable printable so that you can “Boo” your Neighbor. I thought this wold be a fun way to teach kids about giving as well as give everyone a chance to meet each other and develop social skills. The printable combined with the cookies makes for a fun kids craft in the kitchen too.
- Noreen over at Craft Journal shared these cute Pumpkin Finger Puppets. I think my 19 month old would just melt into laughter if I created some of these.
- And why not combine learning along with seasonal fun? Check out this post from Laura who blogs at LalyMom titled Halloween Cutting & Fine Motor Fun. My preschooler would love an activity like this.
- The Measured Mom shared these Free Fall Emergent Readers printables that I think you’ll love.
- This Preschool Kids Color Matching with a Sticky Apple Tree Activity was written by And Next Comes L and shared on B-Inspired Mama. A fun fall activity perfect for preschoolers.
- Maria at Back in the Hills posted this Harvest Sensory Bin over at Dot to Dot Connections. What a great way to teach little ones about the season of harvest.
Thanks again for all your wonderful ideas! I hope these Family Friendly and Fun ideas inspire you.
I pray you are blessed by this effort to share ideas on having Family Fun.
In His Grip,
To leave a comment on any post, click “read more”. If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
I link up to over 100 parties every week. Click on Link Parties and you can add your party or find one to visit every day of the week.
P.S. Bloggers – If you’ve been featured and would like to add a button to show off how awesome you are, just grab the code in the text box below. You’ll want to retype the quotes too if you’re having trouble getting it to show on your page. 😉
LINK your Family Friendly & Fun Ideas:
RSS Subscribers click this link to get to my blog so you can see all the great ideas.
Here is the link list, please add yours below. Thanks for linking up! If you would like to subscribe to the e-mail reminder I send for this party please send me a note on my “Contact Me” page. Thank you.
Like My Facebook Page LINK PARTY starts here (rolling list – you do not need to add to it every week):