If you’re a mom keep reading because we have some wonderful fun ideas to inspire you with your little ones and family. My blogging friends are linking up craft ideas, fun in the kitchen, preschool & homeschool ideas, and ways to spend time as a family.
My blog is growing but I need your help, please like my facebook page and help spread the word about HappyandBlessedHome.com. Thanks so much!
If you’re a blogger and would like some insight on how to generate a passive income and launch and sell an eBook you really need to check out this course by Mandi Ehman, creator of Bundle of The Week and owner/operator of TheBookEmporium.com. For just $10 you can learn how to create and launch your own eBook – make sure to take advantage of her coupon code: “Launch” to get 10 weeks of tutorials for just $10 including video-blogs and instructions to launch your own eBook (good until July 29). I have a book I’m planning to launch soon so I’m super excited to dive into Mandi’s tutorials.
This week I’ve written a post about advancing your preschooler’s reading skills. The post talks about the importance of caregiver interaction and includes a chart to help you evaluate your child’s teacher. It also includes what behaviors to look for in your emergent reader. Check out Advancing PreK Reading Skills for more info and some FREE printables.
And as always, on Fridays I host Family Fun Friday so you can meet all my blogging friends and get great ideas.
Thanks to all my blogging friends for linking up last week at Family Fun Friday. I have a special YouTube Video for you at Thank You All My Blogging Friends! So many great ideas, crafts and things to do! If you link up, you permit me to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media. Once we have 200 links I will select a winner of some FREE jewelry. This will likely mean I’ll award a prize every other week. We had over 100 bloggers link up last week. You all are amazing – you bless my socks off with your awesome posts!
Ashley at Life with Moore Babies is our latest jewelry winner! Congratulations Ashely – please contact me within 3 days to claim your prize. Her post on a Robot themed birthday party for her two year old was the winning post – check it out for some great birthday party ideas. 🙂
Some examples of the jewelry I am giving away. Your link-up and/or comment is your entry to WIN. BTW, I can make wedding party custom jewelry – contact me if you’re interested. 🙂
As always we had a wonderful turnout last week with SO MANY wonderful ideas. If you’d like to “bookmark” these ideas for later on PINTEREST I’ve created some handy buttons to help you keep track of these lists of ideas. To PIN a specific blogger’s post please click through and PIN their post directly from their site. Thanks!
Every week ya’ll are linking up not only great ideas for family fun but also some delicious recipes and great ideas for teaching little ones. I’m going to highlight wonderful posts from each category. Now on to some fabulous posts for moms.
1. Natasha’s post at Serenity You on How I Prep and Store my Fruits and Veggies caught my attention. My three year old loves to organize and I thought he might enjoy stacking and sorting veggies and fruits. So this could be a family fun activity for us sometime in the near future.
2. Beauty Through Imperfection shared an insightful post on how to get through Toddler Tantrums. If you’re plagued by Tantrums I highly recommend her post.
3. Want great ideas for Family Reunion? Read 5 Days of Family Fun by My Joy Filled Life – on their last day they played Cheese Head – what a fun game for the entire family!
4. Our family loves to read books and I’m so thankful for our local library. Hope in Every Season posted about their Day at the Library which I think is a perfect way to spend time together as a family. Check out her ideas for activities at the library.
5. Women Abiding shared a post by Lisa Jacabson titled: 7 Ways Moms Can Make a Difference in This World
Featured FOODIE Blog Posts
Summer is a wonderful time to try some new dishes. I know my husband will especially love the shishkabobs because they have bacon (that’s like cheating – b/c bacon is so good!). I hope you enjoy trying some of these fabulous dishes from bloggers who cook.
1. Six Sister’s Stuff shared a wonderful Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookie Recipe – if they taste as good as they look – YUM!
2. Mostly Homemade Mom created these Copycat BBQ Chicken Snack Wraps which are super easy to make and use chicken nuggets and BBQ sauce.
3. Life with the Crust Cut Off shared some kid friendly Chicken Fajita Quesadillas
4. I Dig Pinterest wrote about her seafood aversion until her husband introduced her to delicious recipes like this one Elegant Broiled Shrimp
5. Shari from Faith Filled Food for Moms shared these scrumptious Pork Ranch and Bacon Shish Kabobs – I had no idea making something that yummy would be so simple!
6. Heather from Frugal Fit Family shared an ingenious use of left over bread crusts in her post Homemade Tomato Basil PANZANELLA (a bread salad) as a guest post on A Peek Into My Paradise.
Teaching Little Ones
If you’re looking for some great resources for FREE printables and methods and techniques for teaching your little ones you’ve come to the right place. This week I’m featuring some of the best ideas shared from our link up last week. Keep following Family Fun Friday and you’ll never run out of ideas for teaching your little ones at home.
1. Life with Moore Babies posted a Kid Made Trail Mix. What a great way to teach basic kitchen skills and spend time together!
2. Check out this wonderful list of Chalkboard Ideas for Kids from Mums Make Lists. Great for teaching children words, drawing, coloring and more.
3. High Hill Homeschool shares some tips for teaching Math in her post Lesson Planning Link-up Math Curriculum.
4. Chelsea from Moments a Day shared a wonderful about Teaching Children to think of Others with Simple Acts of Kindness.
5. Want to motivate your kids to complete chores, obey house rules or other activities? Check out these Motivational Point Cards by One Creative Mommy – a FREE set of printable point cards for your kids.
6. And I love this post from Wildflower Ramblings – this activity would be perfect for my boys and is a sensory activity they can do together! Check out Sensory Play with Gelatin
Thanks again for all your wonderful ideas! I hope these Family Friendly and Fun ideas inspire you.
1. Link your blog post. Posts need only be family friendly and/or fun. To increase your chances of being featured at next week’s link party, link a post that is fun for two or more members of your family to do together.
2. Please follow Happy and Blessed Home on Facebook – I post updates for FREE books and other giveaways there that you’ll miss otherwise. Please leave a comment if you’re a new follower so I can follow you back.
3. ROLLING FACEBOOK LIST: If you did not link up last week, please add your link to the “Like My Facebook Page” party. This is a rolling list – you will not need to add to it every week.
4. Help other bloggers find this link party by either adding a link to your post or placing a button on your site. This is not required but very helpful.
5. Visit as many blogs in the HOP as you can! Try to leave a comment on at least two other posts.
6. Win Jewelry! Posts qualify for five entries and comments with an idea for family fun counts as one entry. After we have 200 ideas for family fun, I’ll use a random number generator to pick a winner of FREE jewelry.
7. Tweet, pin, Facebook, and help spread the word if you can.
I pray you are blessed by this effort to share ideas on having Family Fun.
In His Grip,
To leave a comment on any post, click “read more”. If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
I link up to over 100 parties every week. Click on Link Parties and you can add your party or find one to visit every day of the week.
P.S. Bloggers – If you’ve been featured and would like to add a button to show off how awesome you are, just grab the code in the text box below. You’ll want to retype the quotes too if you’re having trouble getting it to show on your page. 😉
LINK your Family Friendly & Fun Ideas:
RSS Subscribers click this link to get to my blog so you can see all the great ideas.
Here is the link list, please add yours below. Thanks for linking up! If you would like to subscribe to the e-mail reminder I send for this party please send me a note on my “Contact Me” page. Thank you.
Like My Facebook Page LINK PARTY starts here (rolling list – you do not need to add to it every week):