Inspiration to Keep in Touch
FREE Download – Inspiring Quote Print
5 FREE and FUN ways to Keep in Touch with Family
- Skype – At the top of our list is Skype. It’s a free app you can download to any device that is connected to the internet and it makes it super easy to video chat with family and friends. It works just as well on a cell phone as it works on a laptop device. There is a small fee to use the service but it’s pennies compared to paying for a long-distance call. I love how clear the picture and sound come through on our ZTE Zinger. Since Mother’s Day is almost here, it was a great opportunity to call my mom and show her some of the gifts we’re sending for Mother’s Day. My eldest also got to show “Nannie” his new Miles from Tomorrowland toy and my youngest showed my mom some of the updates we’ve made to his bedroom.
- Google Hangouts – As a blogger I use Google Hangouts to meet with other bloggers and keep in touch with professionals online. It also works great for keeping in touch with family. This nice thing about Google Hangouts is it’s completely free. Plus you can text and scribble on images during a call to make for some family fun while you keep in touch. Pictured here is a video call with my dad and step-mom. They love to watch the boys via video and it gives the boys a chance to update my parents on some of the new things they’re up to.
- Instagram – Instant Photo Sharing. Want to keep friends and family up to date but don’t have time to video chat? Snap a few photos and share them via Instagram. I can update my family with photos shared on my Instagram Feed. It’s easy for them to follow so they can get the latest updates. Want to stay in touch with Happy and Blessed Home on Instagram? Follow me on Instagram 🙂
- Drop Box – A place to store and share photos. If you have larger photo files to share, Drop Box is another free application you can use to store and share photos. As you invite friends and family to share photos via Drop Box you gain access to additional storage. You can share high resolution photos from significant family events – graduations, weddings, and birthday parties. Bonus: You can upload straight from your ZTE Zinger or other mobile phone device.
- Tango – for video and phone calls. Another service that works similar to Skype and Google Hangouts is Tango. It’s another free app that you can download onto your internet-ready device. Tango features: 1 to 1 & group chat, video & voice calls, and free calls to mobiles and landlines around the world. On the ZTE Zinger phone you can download it via the Google Play store already loaded and visable on the home page of the phone.
An Affordable Solution for Staying Connected with Family
How do you Keep in Touch with Family?
I hope you found these resources helpful for keeping in touch with family. Have any tips for staying in touch with family far away? Both my parents are 1,500+ miles away and I’m always looking for more ideas. Please share with this online community by leaving a comment below – I love to hear from HappyandBlessedHome.com readers.
Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
If you like this post about 5 FREE and FUN ways to Keep in Touch with Family and FREE Quote Printable, you may also like:
|$1,000 Mother’s Day Giveaway||
|X||FREE Mother’s Day Book|
Thanks for being a fan! Do you have a board for Apps, Family Fun, or Inspiring Quotes on Pinterest? Help spread the word and PIN this post on Pinterest!