I know it’s hard to maintain friendships when you’re a mom. Believe me, I know. My introduction to motherhood started with a preemie infant at 30 weeks. I remember trekking to the hospital NICU every day for 6 1/2 weeks to see my baby and I don’t think my life with friends has ever been the same since. I love my kids so much I wouldn’t change a thing, but now that the boys are a little older I’d like to get more time in with my girlfriends.
I’m participating in a 10 week challenge called the #ETHANProject and this week the focus is on enjoying friendship. ETHAN stands for Enjoy the Here and Now. It’s a group of moms and bloggers who are getting together to encourage each other to drink in the moments with our kids, families, and friends to truly enjoy the essence of Summer.
The #ETHANProject starts June 1 and runs all summer long. You can read my introductory post here: #ETHANProject Summer Kickoff. You can join anytime and share your summertime fun with the #ETHANProject community – keep reading for details about where you can find us on Facebook and via our link-up – more details below.
Helping Moms enjoy Friendship this Summer #ETHANProject
I am incredibly blessed to have some beloved mommy friends who invited me to a park nearby for a playdate and picnic lunch this week. The weather was incredibly beautiful. I hope these pictures inspire you to enjoy some friendship outdoors with kids, playground chaos, and maybe a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or two.
A few of my favorite photos from our trip to the park for some fun with friends.
“Victory – I reached the top mommy!”
“Mommy, can I go down this slide?” from my brave three year old.
Stopping for a lunch break.
I realize this is not the best group photo. But it’s really hard to get a group shot when all us moms have to chase little people around on the playground.
Have a seat on a family friendly picnic blanket.
A special thanks to my friends Jill, Kayla, Laura, Amy, and Mandie for meeting us at the park! We love you all and are so thankful for every moment with you.
Interested in sharing your summer fun with us? Join the #ETHANProject and enjoy weekly inspiration and updates from HappyandBlessedHome.com and a handful of other awesome and amazing bloggers by visiting us online.
It’s Easy to Join the #EthanProject
- Download the Schedule: Every week for 10 weeks the #ETHANProject bloggers are posting and sharing about one of the simple inspiring ways we can capture the essence of Summer. Here is a list. Put it on your fridge or download to your smartphone. Be inspired by the simple reminders to seize the day every day this summer! Just click the image to enlarge it and print it off at home. Right mouse click to save it to your computer or phone.
- Download the FREE PDF: You can also download your FREE PDF copy of the schedule and inspiring topics here by clicking the blue “Download Now” button. Download Now!
- Facebook: Join the Facebook group to share ideas and inspire and encourage each other during the summer months. Click here to join ETHAN Project Facebook group.
- Visit the Linkup: Be sure to check GroundedAndSurrounded.com every Friday for our blogger link-up and to see a re-cap of our favorite photos & stories from the week! Leave comments, engage, and encourage each other and your favorite bloggers via this fun link-up for #ETHANProject participants.
- Search #ETHANProject hashtag to find posts and bloggers participating in the project – reach out to them and make new friends online.
#ETHANproject MISSION: The purpose of the #ETHANproject (ENJOY the HERE and NOW Project) is to inspire your creativity, motivate you to be a better mom and support you through the summer months.
Share your Summer Fun
Do you have any special plans for summer? How do you plan to celebrate with girlfriends this summer? Can you join us at #ETHANProject and share your summer fun memories with us? Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
If you liked this post on the #ETHANProject, you may also like:
|Hawaiian Luau Party Ideas||Big Hero 6 Movie &
Honey Lemon Chicken
A quick photo of my and my friends since I missed a group shot at the park. 😉