Free music, handmade Christmas gift ideas, Christmas Tree scavenger hunt, a $1,000 Cash Giveaway, Turkey Gravy, cinnamon rolls, peanut brittle, sensory tables, fine motor skills play, and so much more are featured this week at Family Fun Friday!
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Also, since next week is Thanksgiving, we will NOT have Family Fun Friday next week. We will take a break and resume the following week and feature the link ups from this week’s party. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!
We had an amazing week last week with over 200 link-ups. To celebrate I am giving away a copy of “iPhone Photography Visual Guide”. It’s written by Alli Worthington. I used a random number generator and picked a winner from the list of link-ups last week. Our winner is #172, or Krissy from B-Inspired Mama. I noticed you use Instagram on your blog Krissy so I hope this book is a blessing to you. Thanks for linking up!
If you all link up 200+ posts again I have more prizes to give away. You all share so many wonderful posts – thanks for linking up!
If you enjoy the features on Family Fun Friday please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you! If you see things that you like here – please PIN them on Pinterest! If you PIN these lists it will help this blogging party grow. To PIN a specific blogger’s post please click through and pin directly from their site. Thanks so much!
If you’re a mom keep reading because we have some wonderful fun ideas to inspire you with your little ones and family. My blogging friends are linking up craft ideas, fun in the kitchen, preschool & homeschool ideas, and ways to spend time as a family. My blog is growing but I need your help, please like my facebook page or PIN a button and help spread the word about HappyandBlessedHome.com. Thanks so much.
The last day to enter is tomorrow (Nov. 22)! Don’t forget to enter to WIN a $1,000 CASH Giveaway. A whole bunch of bloggers teamed up to bless someone this Christmas and I hope that someone reading and following on Happy and Blessed Home is a WINNER.
This week I created 3o FREE Activities and Printables for teaching preschoolers how to read the letter “E” and short words that start in the letter “E” this week. To read more about these awesome printables, follow the link. Letter E.
This year I’ve also created a super fun Christmas Fun for Preschoolers Activity Pack. I’m selling it as a way to raise funds to support my blogging. It’s only $1.99 and includes 36 Fun Activities for Preschoolers. You can dress a snowman, decorate a Christmas tree, count reindeer and so much more. Click the link to read more.
And, if you haven’t been introduced yet, please meet my friend Chelsey Hall and new co-host from Life Unabridged. Chelsey blogs about her real adventures in motherhood, marriage, homemaking, and homeschooling.
Chelsey has graciously agreed to co-host Family Fun Friday with me and since she has many years of experience in homeschooling, Chelsey selected and wrote about our features for learning here at Family Fun Friday. If you have a minute, please show Chelsey some love by liking her facebook page. It’s not required or anything but its a nice way to thank her for putting together some of our features.
Thanks to all my blogging friends for linking up last week at Family Fun Friday. I have a special YouTube Video for you at Thank You All My Blogging Friends! So many great ideas, crafts and things to do! If you link up, you permit me to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media. Now on to some fabulous posts for moms.
Tis the season for fun family memory making! You will have more than enough ideas for making homemade gifts and creating lots of fun crafts with your children. I also love the focus on the true meaning of Christmas with free worship music and Jesse Tree Traditions.
1. Brooke from Rivers of Water shared a special giveaway in her post Seeds Family Worship Thanksgiving Giveaway. Thank you for letting us now about this great offer.
2. Chris over at Campfires and Cleats shared her family’s Jesse Tree Traditions. A great way to celebrate the season with meaningful scripture and ornament ideas.
3. In her post Faith Like a Child Lisha from The Blish Blog shared how her children encourage her through the smallest acts. An encouraging post for any mom and a great focus on the value of family.
4. Faith Filled Food for Moms gathered up some precious Homemade Craft Ideas to make your Thanksgiving Day. A great way to have fun together.
5. In her post Christmas Tree Scavenger Hunt Game Cheryl from Moms and Munchkins shared a fun scavenger hunt game that she plays with her family while decorating their Christmas tree.
6. Kristen from Six Sisters Stuff created a fabulous round-up of Kids Thanksgiving Crafts while the Turkey Cooks. There are so many wonderful ideas for crafts with kids – thanks for sharing.
Get your Thanksgiving apron ready because my foodie blogging experts are sharing some great tips for fun in the kitchen this Thanksgiving!
1. Last year we made gingerbread houses and I wish I’d had this post The Best Gingerbread Glue from Heather at Kids Activities Blog. Thanks for the tip!
2. Check out these Cinnamon Rolls by Julie at Confessions of a Cooking Diva. They look melt-in-your-mouth delicious!
3. My husband’s mom always makes the gravy so I’m so glad Gina from Klienworth & Co. posted this Simple Turkey Gravy. Now I finally know how to make it! And, Gina shares a timely recipe with her Crock Pot Turkey and Rice Soup. Perfect for leftover turkey!
4. Dana from This Silly Girl’s Life shared a great side-dish side with her Loaded Twice Baked Potatoes. Looks amazing!
5. Sandra at A Dash of Sanity shared a recipe about a treat I’ve always wanted to learn how to make – Grandmas Peanut Brittle. Thanks Sandra!
This week we had some great fine motor link-ups shared. The following features are highlights selected by my co-host Chelsey Hall.
1. Jeanine and Amy from Serving Pink Lemonade have a great alternative to sand and water play. Lima Bean Sensory Play is a perfect activity for toddlers or take it a step further and use it as a hands on math activities for those a little older!
2. Jello and black lights are the center of fun at Life With More Babies. Ashely takes a book and makes it come to life with a Life of Moonjellies Sensory Table – a real life learning activity that is sure to grab the attention of all your little ones.
3. My kids love magnets and they love puzzles. Krissy at Be Inspired Mama, puts both of these together to make a Make a Simple Magnet Puzzle for Early Learning Fun! This will make for hours of fun and hands-on learning around our home!
4. Crystal, from Crystals Tiny Adventures has found a way to take the book Aliens in Underpants to new heights with great hands on activities. This week she had the children create their very own spacecraft just like the one in the book. What a great way to take a book to the next level by turning it into a true hands on experience.
5. Hannah, from Like Mama ~ Like Daughter, shows us how to take a tray of baking soda, little bowls of vinegar colored with different food coloring, and a medicine dropper to create a fun Kitchen Science Experiment.
6. While my last pick isn’t really considered a hands-on or sensory learning project, it is a true hand-on life lesson. Nancy at There is Grace is battling cancer right now. In her post, Talking to Kids About Cancer, she talks about ways to practically talk with children about cancer and how she did it with her own children. Nancy says, “We gave our kids tangible things they could do to help the situation. They have made cards for me, brought me drinks and snacks, read me stories, snuggled, and dubbed themselves “nurses” for the day to take care of Mommy when I don’t feel well.” Even if you are not dealing immediately with this ugly disease, you never know when your kids might in someway be affected and Nancy has some good, down to earth and practical advice.
Thanks again for all your wonderful ideas! I hope these Family Friendly and Fun ideas inspire you. Button Code:
I pray you are blessed by this effort to share ideas on having Family Fun.
In His Grip,
To leave a comment on any post, click “read more”. If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
I link up to a bunch of parties every week. Click on Link Parties and you can add your party or find one to visit every day of the week.
P.S. Bloggers – If you’ve been featured and would like to add a button to show off how awesome you are, just grab the code in the text box below. You’ll want to retype the quotes too if you’re having trouble getting it to show on your page. 😉
LINK your Family Friendly & Fun Ideas:
RSS Subscribers click this link to get to my blog so you can see all the great ideas. Here is the link list, please add yours below. Thanks for linking up! If you would like to subscribe to the e-mail reminder I send for this party please send me a note on my “Contact Me” page. Thank you.
If you are having trouble linking, please leave your link in the comments section and I will manually add it. Thanks!
Like My Facebook Page LINK PARTY starts here (rolling list – you do not need to add to it every week):