This week’s Family Fun Friday features flavors like cilantro, BBQ, ginger, cinnamon, apples and peaches. You also get FREE printables and activities that make learning fun for your little one. And to top it all off, you also get ways to reduce stress and have more fun as a family. If you enjoy the features on Family Fun Friday please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you! If you see things that you like here – please PIN on Pinterest! To PIN a specific blogger’s post please click through and pin directly from their site. Thanks so much!
If you’re a mom keep reading because we have some wonderful fun ideas to inspire you with your little ones and family. My blogging friends are linking up craft ideas, fun in the kitchen, preschool & homeschool ideas, and ways to spend time as a family.
My blog is growing but I need your help, please like my facebook page and help spread the word about HappyandBlessedHome.com. Thanks so much. If you Pin the lists buttons on Pinterest you’ll help this blogging party grow!
This week I shared my FREE Seasons Charts for Preschoolers to go along with our pre-K morning board. I added links to help you assemble your own board at home. I’ll be posting on the final elements in the next week or so, to complete all the morning board printables.
Also, it’s not too late to enter; my friends over at Kite Readers are giving away a TON of awesome FREE Accessories for your Tablet – earphones, iPad smart cover & case, Kindle fire case, hands-free NOOK stand, and MORE. Click the link or image and enter to WIN!
AND, if you love to read, you’ll love the 10 FREE eBooks you get with your copy of the book Women Living Well. I absolutely love the book – Courtney is one of those women who writes with the sincerest intent to minister, aide, encourage, and heal the hearts of women. If you could use a little pick me up in your life – I highly recommend Courtney’s book.
Thanks to all my blogging friends for linking up last week at Family Fun Friday. I have a special YouTube Video for you at Thank You All My Blogging Friends! So many great ideas, crafts and things to do! If you link up, you permit me to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media.
Now on to some fabulous posts for moms.
Want some fun ideas for family time? You’ve come to the right place. You can round up your lil’ buckeroos, cook up some tasty bread, go swimming and more.
- Phyllis at Grandparents + shared some pretty nifty Western Game Ideas. What a great way to teach kids a little history AND have fun together as a family. Thanks “Oma”!
- Ashley who blogs over at The Wall of God’s Truth shared from a biblical perspective how Motherhood is for a lifetime. I can honestly say that even as an adult I still need my mom and I’m so thankful she’s still around. Read Ashley’s post for some biblical encouragement.
- Kathy from Character Corner shared some Routines to Reduce Stress. Her post includes ways to plan so that your days are less stressful, so that you can enjoy more time with your kids. Her post offers some great tips.
- I think having balance between family time and responsibilities is so important. That’s why I love this post from Nan over at Moms the Word – Set a chore cut-off time. As she writes, “You will feel more rested and in a better mood. Just having some downtime before bed can be enough to perk up your attitude as well as start you on the road to some sweet dreams! It’s hard to unwind and fall asleep when you’ve been running around in a whirlwind of cleaning.”
- Alice over at Mums Make Lists has a great way for mother and baby to spend time together – Take Baby Swimming. If you think that sounds like fun – this post is for you!
- Holly from Kids Activities Blog shared a super fun post titled Making Bread with Kids. Her post is full of recipes for baking with kids.
Cilantro, BBQ, Ginger, Cinnamon, Apples and Peaches! Whew – what a week for bloggers who know how to cook! If you like the list – please pin the button on PINTEREST!
- This Peach Cobbler Dump Cake by Six Sisters Stuff and featured at My Recipe Magic takes a few minutes to throw together and tastes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!
- Dana from This Silly Girl’s Life shared an amazing Cilantro-Lime Marinated Flank Steak. She writes, “Serve with the chimichurri and the sides you like and you’ll be back thanking me real soon!”
- Carrie from A Mother’s Shadow shared some delicious BBQ Asian Thighs. Concerning the marinade, “it lends itself perfectly to chicken due to its slightly salty ingredients which fill the cells of the meat so that when it cooks it releases the excess liquid maintaining moist and tender meat.”
- Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy shared these Quick BBQ Pork Sandwiches (under 30 minutes). Who doesn’t like a meal like this in 30 minutes or less?
- When the cooler weather sets in, nothing beats a crock-pot meal. Dana is a former professional chef turned blogger who shared her Slow Cooker Ginger Chicken on her blog This Silly Girl’s Life.
- Lori from A Pinch of Glitter shared this yummy-looking Mountain Dew Apple Cinnamon Dumplings. She writes, “I’m telling you guys, this is heaven on a dish right here.”
Not just printables, but great active ways to teach young children – keep reading for more!
- Anna from The Measured Mom shared an adorable FREE Preschool Math Monster Dice Match Game and Free Word Family Printables – 7 read ‘n stick mats for short i.
- Katie from Preschool Inspirations shared a great way to teach children how to spell their names as well as letter recognition in her post Lacing Beads and Literacy.
- Lisa from Home to 4 Kiddos shared a FREE Printable for a Landmark Matching Game. She writes, “there are pages of landmarks that you can cut out and your children can match with their name and location.”
- Krissy from B-inspired Mama shared a super fun way to make toy clean up fun with your preschooler in her post Make Toy Clean Up More Fun. I need to try this.
- I loved Jen’s super-informative post on the Top 10 Educational Web Sites for Children on her blog Being Confident of This. If your children are old enough to spend any time on the computer, this article has some great tips.
Thanks again for all your wonderful ideas! I hope these Family Friendly and Fun ideas inspire you.
I pray you are blessed by this effort to share ideas on having Family Fun.
In His Grip,
To leave a comment on any post, click “read more”. If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
I link up to over 100 parties every week. Click on Link Parties and you can add your party or find one to visit every day of the week.
P.S. Bloggers – If you’ve been featured and would like to add a button to show off how awesome you are, just grab the code in the text box below. You’ll want to retype the quotes too if you’re having trouble getting it to show on your page. 😉
LINK your Family Friendly & Fun Ideas:
RSS Subscribers click this link to get to my blog so you can see all the great ideas.
Here is the link list, please add yours below. Thanks for linking up! If you would like to subscribe to the e-mail reminder I send for this party please send me a note on my “Contact Me” page. Thank you.
Like My Facebook Page LINK PARTY starts here (rolling list – you do not need to add to it every week):