This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group®, Litter Genie® and Fancy Feast®, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #Catparents Disclosure. Here I’ll share tips to help you eliminate kitty litter smells for a cleaner-smelling home.
Our family enjoys the companionship of a beautiful grey persian kitty we call “Tigger.” Our cat thinks he is a human and will accompany us out into the backyard, often following along for several hundred yards if we go on a walk or spend time outside.
Where we live there is frequently snow on the ground and cooler temps. Taking the litter outside to toss it into a trash can is inconvenient. I was searching for a solution to our kitty litter issues when I learned about Litter Genie.
Eliminate Kitty Litter Smells and Free Gift with Purchase
Did you know there is a way to keep kitty litter smells at bay? Litter Genie is a kitty litter pail that seals off the stinky smells of kitty litter for up to 14 days for a single cat. It’s such a relief to know that we don’t have to empty the kitty litter every day to keep the house smelling clean. And for a limited time, Target is offering a free gift with purchase when you treat your kitty to a clean-smelling home. You can pick up a free cat toy with a purchase of Litter Genie products, and Fancy Feast products from 2/15/15 – 4/11/15 at Target. I got Tigger a “Loco Laser” perfect for some fun play with our cat!
How to set-up Litter Genie
If you’d like to try Litter Genie in your home, I’ve created a short video tutorial, and a photo collage to walk you through the steps to set it up.
How to set-up Litter Genie Step by Step
Setting up the Litter Genie is easy, and the set up is worth being able to stay indoors – without the kitty litter smell – when it’s too cold to take it outside.
- Step 1 – Remove the packaging and open the Kitty Litter Pail.
- Step 2 – Remove the scoop, scoop-holder and Litter Genie refill from the bottom of the new pail.
- Step 3 – Hang the scoop using the scoop holder by inserting the holder into the slots on the side of the pail. Then peel the Litter Genie refill plastic tab off the container to release the plastic bags inside.
- Step 4 – Tie a knot in the bottom of your Litter Genie bag.
- Step 5 – Pull the bag to about the same length as the pail. You’ll actually need to push the bag back through the refill holder so the refill holder will fit inside the pail in such a way as to allow the lid to close. You’ll know when you’ve done it correctly when the label is right side up and it fits into the pail.
- Step 6 – Pull the black handled ledge out to allow the new bag to reach all the way to the bottom of the pail. This black handle is what will seal off the kitty litter smell when the litter is dropped into the pail.
- Step 7 – Take the lid off your kitty litter and get ready to clean the litter pan.
- Step 8 – Scoop the litter clumps out of the litter pail. Pull back the black handled ledge to allow the litter to drop into the bottom of the pail. Once the black handled ledge is closed you’ll seal off the stinky smell!
- The Litter Genie includes a tool for cutting the bag once it’s full. Remove the bag full of kitty litter when you are ready to dispose of it and then just repeat steps 4-8 to set up and use it again.
Celebrating no-more Kitty Litter Smell!
To celebrate his new Litter Genie, I served Tigger some of his favorite kitty food from Fancy Feast. He’s partial to the classic seafood collection. Did he enjoy it? I think so. Check him out as he licks his chops!
Where to find these Pet Supplies
You can find Litter Genie, Litter Genie Refills, Fancy Feast, and your free gift with purchase at Target in the pet supplies section. Special Limited Time In Store Mix & Match Offer through 4/11/15: Buy any TWO (2) Fancy Feast® – 24 pack OR Litter Genie® Pail/Refill and get a free Cat Toy or Friskies party mix cat treat while supplies last. If you’d like to learn more about Litter Genie or Fancy Feast just click their links to search their websites for some great products for pampering your cat!
How do you pamper your pet?
Does your pet follow you wherever you go? How do you pamper your pet? Please leave a comment below, I always love hearing from my readers.
Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
Thanks for being a fan! Do you have a board for pet lovers on Pinterest? Help spread the word and PIN this post on Pinterest!