This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerSkinReady #ChooseSkinHealth #CollectiveBias –> Here I’m sharing a FREE Checklist for 10 Outdoor Playdate Essentials for Moms. Just print and put the list in your favorite carry-all bag to remind you of the things you need to gather together before you leave on your next playdate.
10 Outdoor Playdate Essentials for Moms
Have you ever been on your way out the door to meet some friends at the park, and are just about to load up the car and you STOP? You know you’ve forgotten something but you just can’t remember what it was? Voila’ – a printable checklist with 10 Outdoor Playdate Essentials for Moms. I even remembered to add bandaids to the list!
Did you know that to a five-year-old, bandaids are magic?
As the days get warmer, we all like to spend more time outside. The change in schedule means more time for get-togethers with friends. So, if you’re planning a playdate, picnic, trip to a friend’s house or anything else that will have you away from your home for more than 30 minutes, you’ll love my checklist for 10 Outdoor Playdate Essentials for Moms.
With two little boys who are always active, I’ve found that as long as I have these 10 things on hand, meeting up for playdates is more fun and a lot less stress. To download your free copy of my “10 Outdoor Playdate Essentials for Moms” checklist, just right click the image above and save it to your downloads folder. Enjoy!
10 Outdoor Playdate Essentials for Moms
- Change of Clothes – Accidents happen and spilled drinks, potty-training accidents and other “incidents” have often resulted in having to stop and change clothes for one of my children. Keeping a change of clothes (or two) in a carry-all bag can be a real life saver when you’re headed to a friend’s house for a playdate.
- Sunglasses – If everyone is going to be outside, don’t forget to grab the kids’ sunglasses. On this particular morning I even remembered to grab a baseball cap. Keeping the sun out of my kids’ eyes ensures more outdoor play.
- Sunscreen – In preparation for the sunny days ahead, I stopped by Target and picked up Neutrogena Sheer Zinc®, SPF 30 Lotion, and Neutrogena Sheer Zinc®, SPF 50 Lotion. I love the fact that these sunscreens are fragrance free and have never clogged my pores. Neutrogena Sheer Zinc™ offers superior UVA/UVB sun protection that is effective, yet gentle on even sensitive skin.
Plus, right now, you can enjoy a $5 Target GiftCard with purchase of $15 in sun care. Offer valid only from 5/21-5/27/17.
- Wipes to Clean Messes – I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve thanked my lucky stars that I remembered to keep wipes on hand. As we travel from one destination to another, wipes are crucial in ensuring my boys are kept clean despite some very messy situations.
- Hand Sanitizer – Playdates can mean coming into contact with runny noses, coughing, and all sorts of various germs. Hand Sanitizer is a life saver.
- Drinks and Snacks – No matter how often I feed my kids – it seems that the moment our family leaves our home, one of my boys tells me he is hungry or thirsty. I use plastic boxes to keep sandwiches from getting squished. I also keep drink boxes with water or juice on hand at all times, and snack cups with crunchy snacks are a must!
- Waterproof Bag – I don’t know why, but almost every time I get outside with my kids, something gets wet. A waterproof bag helps me separate the “wet” item from everything else. Having one on hand has saved me from many messy situations.
- Large carry-all Bag – Having a place to put everything keeps it all together and helps me stay organized. I have different carry-all bags to keep my life sane – one with books for the library, another for playdates, and another for trips to the supermarket. Carry-all bag = more sane life.
- Tags or labels – If your son or daughter has a favorite item that would just break their heart if lost, use labels. My son is very attached to a certain pair of sunglasses and labels are one way to make sure things always return home with us.
- Bandaids – Bumps, bruises, scrapes, cuts – they happen all the time and bandaids are my “go-to” solution for nearly every injury. When you have young children, I always recommend having bandaids on hand.
Where to find Neutrogena Sheer Zinc®
You can find everything featured here at Target. Neutrogena Sheer Zinc® can be found in the personal care section where you find body lotions, conditioners and shampoos. Only Neutrogena Sheer Zinc™ has breakthrough Purescreen® technology powered by naturally-sourced,100% zinc oxide. Plus, Nutrogena is hypoallergenic, sweat and water resistant (80 minutes), and on-comedogenic (won’t clog pores).
You can shop the Target page here: Target online.
Helpful Parenting Tips
If you have young children, you may also like these articles with parenting tips:
How do you make Playdates with Kids Easier?
Have any tips for this mom of two adorable boys? I’m always looking for ways to make playdates easier. Did you find these 10 tips helpful? Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here: