This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LoveAmericanHome #CollectiveBias Here I’m sharing 10 Tips to make Traveling with Kids Easier and a fun free printable checklist for moms on the go.
Fall is in the air and so are family fun fall activities. If you’re planning a hike, picnic, trip to a friend’s house or anything else that will have you in a vehicle for more than 10 minutes, you’ll love my tips on 10 Things to make Traveling with Kids Easier. With two little boys who are always active, I’ve found that as long as I have these 10 things on hand, traveling with my kids is more fun and a lot less fuss. To download your free copy of my “Taxi Mommy” checklist, just right click the image above and save it to your downloads folder. Enjoy!
Taxi Mommy? 10 Things to make Traveling with Kids Easier
- Change of Clothes – Accidents happen and spilled milk, potty-training accidents and other “incidents” have often resulted in having to stop and change clothes for one of my children. Keeping a change of clothes (or two) in the car can be a real life saver when you’re headed to a friend’s house for dinner.
- Soothing Music – There are times when we’re all tired and a bit irritable. On days like this, I turn on some soft soothing music and I instruct the boys to relax and that there will be “no talking” for at least 10 minutes. Sometimes just 10 minutes of soothing music calms everyone down and we all get along more peacefully.
- Soothing Fragrances – To go along with soothing music, I highly recommend soothing fragrances. Yankee Candle® is one of my all time favorite brands for candles in our home. Did you know they also offer Yankee Candle® brand air care auto & small spaces products? I love the fragrances of Clean Cotton and Macintosh Apples especially during the fall. Perfect for soothing two rambunctious boys as we travel from one activity to another.
- Wipes to Clean Messes – I can’t even tell you how many times I’ve thanked my lucky stars that I remembered to keep wipes in the car. If we stop at the park or to eat, wipes are crucial in ensuring my boys are kept clean despite some very messy situations.
- Hand Sanitizer – Frogs. Yes, frogs. Once for a walk outside we happened to catch a frog and I was relieved to know that once we got to the van I could use hand sanitizer to clean the boy’s hands.
- Drinks and Snacks – No matter how often I feed my kids – it seems that the moment I start the van up to go somewhere, one of my boy’s tells me he is hungry or thirsty. I like to keep sippy cups with water or juice on hand at all times, and snack cups with crunchy snacks are a must!
- Extra Shoes – Mud, rain, and spills. Keeping an extra pair of shoes on hand has not only been helpful for emergencies, it has saved me more than once when I didn’t realize that one of the boys got into the van with only his socks on. Sometimes I don’t even realize it until we’ve gotten to where we were going. Extra shoes saves us.
- Favorite Toys – I like to keep one or two small hand-held toy favorites in the van to keep the boys happy and occupied.
- Favorite Books – Sometimes, when a toy won’t do, a favorite book with lots of colorful pictures or activities like coloring or stickers is just the right thing.
- Blanket or Jacket – Where we live, the weather can change in a blink. By having a blanket or extra jackets on hand I can keep everyone comfy when the temperature drops 20 degrees.
Where to find Yankee Candle® on-the-go Fragrances
You can find everything featured in this post at Walmart – including the toys, music and car organizer. Yankee Candle® on-the-go fragrance products (Smart Scent Vent Clips or Car Jar Ultimate) can be found in the Automotive Care or Air Care departments (Air Care is by the laundry department). You can shop the Walmart assortment page here: Walmart online.
How do you make Traveling with Kids Easier?
Have any tips for this mom of two adorable boys? I’m always looking for ways to make our travel time easier. Did you find these 10 tips helpful? Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here: