Can you set a table for 8 with new fall inspired decorations without breaking the bank? It’s been awhile since I updated my fall table setting and I challenged myself this year to find fall decorations to seat 12 for less than $100. And Woo-hoo – I did it! Here I’ll share my money saving tips and some fall decorating ideas. And thanks to the wonders of the internet, you don’t have to spend four hours shopping for beautiful fall bargains like I did, you can order from home and still get everything in time for Thanksgiving or any other fall inspired meals you may be hosting. Affiliate links are included for your convenience.
Fall Table Setting for 8 for less than $85
I love the colors of fall. The golds, deep reds, and warm orange hues. My home features some variations of these colors all year round. I enjoy creating a table setting that is warm and inviting for guests. My fall centerpiece and table setting includes mercury glass pumpkins, candles, glass candle holders, a leafy fall inspired vine, burlap and orange sparkle table runner, leaf-shaped felt placemats and coasters, deep orange napkins, and gorgeous floral napkin rings.
My biggest challenge is budget. This past Saturday my husband watched the boys and I was able to get away for a few hours to do a little shopping. I covered an unbelievable number of stores in one morning ~ amazing what one mom can do when she doesn’t have to deal with car seats.
So today I’ll share what I found and how I created this table setting for 8 for less than $85. AND I was able to purchase place settings for 12 for just under $99. The budget includes everything you see except the china, silverware, and crystal (those were wedding gifts). Hopefully these discoveries will help inspire you to set a fall table and enjoy all the colors and beauty of the season!
How to Plan for Fall Decorating
As you pull together a plan for fall decorating ask yourself the following questions. The answers will help you generate an overall plan.
- How many guests will you be hosting?
- How many rooms or tables will you be decorating?
- Set a realistic budget based upon the number of rooms you will be decorating and the number of guests you will be hosting.
- Think about your theme. What existing items do you already own and can you coordinate new decorations to work with what you already have?
- Do you want to decorate specifically for fall or are you looking to decorate for the holidays and want to take a more transitional approach? i.e. decor that transforms into Christmas decor.
- Seek inspiration online (you can follow me on Pinterest) or via magazines.
- You can also shop – visit your favorites stores and see what they carry or check out some fabulous things you can find online via this blog post.
Fall Table Setting for 8 for less than $85
I shopped seven stores to find the items featured in this post. They included Sam’s, Walmart, Target, Hobby Lobby, JoAnn’s Fabrics, Kirklands, and Bed Bath and Beyond. I save my Bed Bath and Beyond coupons (they are good forever) and when I purchased placemats, coasters and candles from BB&B I was able to use a 20% off coupon. I’m a spreadsheet kinda gal, so I broke it down via item and price so you could see what I paid for the various items.
If you’d like to purchase these items via their online stores you can shop the following links. Some items may no longer be available so I included Amazon links to current items as well.
- Shop: (search glass pumpkin)
- On Walmart’s website, you can set a price range to limit your search. Price range selection is in the upper left hand corner. For items they sell online in bulk, you can find singles in-store.
- Shop: Walmart Candles (search under pillar candles for more selection)
- Shop: Walmart Glass Candle Holder (search under glass cylinder flower vase pillar candle holders for more selection)
- Shop: Walmart Paper Napkins (search under paper napkins for more selection)
- Shop: Walmart Square Glass Mirror
- Shop: Hobby Lobby (not an affiliate link)
- Shop: Bed, Bath & Beyond (not an affiliate link)
These are some of the great deals I found via Amazon – most items are less than $10 each and I think all of these items would make a beautiful addition to any fall table setting.
Just thought I’d share some fabulous shopping finds! So glad I can offer tips and ideas for saving money on fall decorations. Have some tips to share or favorite place to shop? Leave a comment – I always love hearing from my readers.
Happy Fall Decorating!
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
I do not spam my readers and I protect your privacy. Your e-mail address will only be used for updates from Happy and Blessed Home. Thanks for being a fan!