More interesting advice from the book, “Positive Discipline”:
How to develop a healthy brain in your child:
* Demonstrate affection, interest, and acceptance.
* Practice the art of conversation.
* Read, read, read!
* Encourage curiosity, safe exploration, and “hands-on” learning.
* Limit television time.
* Use discipline to teach, never to shame or humiliate.
* Recognize and accept your child’s uniqueness.
* Select child care carefully – and stay involved.
* Take care of yourself so you are rested and refreshed – it makes for a better mommy.