This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeMVP #CollectiveBias. Download your FREE Printables to create your own football stadium at home and check out three awesome and easy recipes for a fantastic game day or almost any occasion party!
What do you do when your football team gets into the playoffs? You host a football party!
If you’ve been following my blog, then you know I’m a big football fan. The fun thing about following a team is that you get to celebrate with them every step of the way. In so doing, you may host a few football parties before the end of the season, and that’s part of what makes it fun to be a football fan.
Simple Party Beginnings
My party plan always starts out fairly simple on game day. An easy football field tablecloth, some serving-wear in our team’s colors and lots of seating for guests. For this party I also wanted to serve up some delicious and hearty food, so I picked up some Stouffer’s® Lasagna, two bags of Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups Minis, and some Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream.
You can find everything I used to create our family’s game day party at Walmart. I picked up the Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups Minis in the candy aisle, the Limited Edition Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream in the Touchdown Sundae flavor in the freezer section on the ice cream aisle, and some Stouffer’s® Lasagna also in the freezer section where they have easy oven meals. All of the party decorations came from the party aisle at Walmart.
Easy to Make Recipes
It’s easy to prepare game day food. All you need is a little ingenuity. And some free fun decorative football party printables can help you create some party food fun! Here’s a quick video on some of my game day prep.
FREE Football Party Stadium Printables
One way to create an easy game day party food is to use New Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups Minis as miniature football players. I’ve included in this post everything you’ll need to recreate this football party scene at home with cheerleaders, referees, and football players in two colors – blue and green.
You can download your FREE DIY Stadium and Football Party Printables here. Just click the blue “Download Now” button below. Be sure to check your downloads folder for the files.
[sdm_download id=”11166″ fancy=”0″]
DIY Football Stadium with New ButterFinger® Peanut Butter Cups Minis
This game day centerpiece is easy to create. You’ll need at least two bags of Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups Minis, especially since some of the players may accidentally get eaten while the football field is being set up. (Oops – did I say that out loud? Some of my “players” disappeared while I was setting up the party!). You’ll also need toothpicks, scissors, tape, white card stock paper, and a printer. You may also want to use a laminator, but laminating the football field and pieces is optional.
Directions to Create a DIY Football Stadium
1. Print the football field. Trim, laminate and tape all three pieces together.
2. Print the football players and all miniature images (you do not have to laminate these).
3. Cut the images out into small rectangles and tape a toothpick onto the back of each player.
4. Insert the toothpick with character on it into a Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups Mini.
5. Arrange the images in a logical sequence. The blue team is on one side, and the green team is on the other. Place a goal on each end of the football field and a football in the middle. Cheerleaders go on the sidelines. Referees go near the sides but can go anywhere on the field of play.
Any extra Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups Minis can surround the football stadium as “fans” or be served in a bowl somewhere nearby. If you serve up the “fans” separately, you may be able to keep your football field set-up out a little longer. It just depends on your guests and their love for chocolate treats!
Stouffer’s Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
The miniature football players, cheerleaders and referees were a big hit with our party guests. But I also wanted to serve up some delicious and satisfying football party food for this party. So I cooked up some hearty stuffed bell peppers with Stouffer’s® Party Size Lasagna with Meat & Sauce (90 oz). This recipe is very easy to make and this serving method makes a convenient main dish into an easy-to-serve serving-size for hungry party guests.
Ingredients for Stouffer’s Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
1 – Stouffer’s® Party Size Lasagna with Meat & Sauce (90 oz)
6 to 8 Bell Peppers in a variety of colors – red, yellow, green and orange
2 – Cups Shredded Cheese
2 – Teaspoons of garlic salt
1 – Head of green leaf lettuce (for display only)
Directions for Stouffer’s® Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
1. Follow the Stouffer’s® Party Size Lasagna with Meat & Sauce (90 oz) and bake as directed.
2. While the lasagna is baking, wash the bell peppers and cut them in half from stem to bottom leaving the stem intact.
3. Hollow out the bell pepper cores. Remove seeds and create a pocket for the Stouffer’s® Lasagna. Refrigerate.
4. Once the lasagna is done baking, remove the Stouffer’s® Lasagna from the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
5. Using a large spoon, cut up the lasagna and use it to stuff the bell peppers.
I left our bell peppers in the oven right up until our guests arrived. I then served a few peppers at a time so the food would stay warm. This kept the Stouffer’s® Lasagna Stuffed Bell Peppers easy-to-serve and ready-to-eat. I loved the crisp crunchy taste of the bell peppers with the savory flavors of the Stouffer’s® Lasagna . Our party guests kept going back for more.
Limited Edition Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Touchdown Sundae Waffle Cup Recipe
I turned our football party dessert, a Limited Edition Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream in the Touchdown Sundae flavor, into the perfect football party food by transforming each ice cream serving into a football!
Ingredients for Limited Edition Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Touchdown Sundae Waffle Cup Recipe
1 – Container of Limited Edition Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Touchdown Sundae
1 – Package of 10 Waffle Cone Cups
1 – Squeeze bottle of ice cream shell coat topping in a chocolate flavor
1 – Tube of white cookie icing
Directions to Create the Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Touchdown Sundae Waffle Cup Recipe
1. Gently remove the waffle cone cups from the packaging.
2. Scoop out a generous portion of the Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream Touchdown Sundae into the waffle cone cup and shape into a dome.
3. Drizzle the chocolate shell topping onto the top of the dome-shaped ice cream.
4. Wait 30-60 seconds for the shell to freeze.
5. Use the narrowest tip on the squeezable white cookie icing bag to create football laces for the dome-shaped ice-cream shells.
6. Serve immediately to party guests!
More Party Planning Ideas
If you’d like even more game day ideas check out my FREE 40 Point Football Party Planner or visit Flavorful Moments on Pinterest for even more Game Day party food ideas. And if you’re planning a party with game day foods like Butterfinger® Peanut Butter Cups Minis, Dreyer’s Grand Ice Cream in the Touchdown Sundae flavor, or Stouffer’s® Lasagna make sure you tweet them at @Stouffers, and @Butterfinger, or contact them via Facebook at: Stouffers and Butterfinger.
You’re Invited to a Twitter Party: On January 26th from 1-2 PM EST you can win awesome prizes at the #GameTimeMVP Twitter Party. Mark your calendar and join the party for a chance to win great prizes.
Leave a Comment and join the Fun
Are you planning a football party? What do you serve to guests and party-goers? I’m sure other HappyandBlessedHome.com readers would love to hear your ideas. Leave a comment below and join the conversation. I always love hearing from my readers!
Thanks for being a fan!