This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #LongLastingScent #CollectiveBias. Here I’ll share 5 Ways to make Laundry Day more Rewarding. Some tips may surprise you.
I don’t know about you, but when things get crazy busy around here, the one thing that gets set aside is putting laundry away. Last week we were preparing for my son’s five-year-old birthday party, so this week I’m playing catch up on housework and laundry is at the top of the list.
Since we’re in the middle of post party recovery at my house, I thought I’d share…
5 Ways to make Laundry Day more Rewarding
1. Set the mood. Put on uplifting and encouraging music and super comfy clothes for laundry day. There’s nothing more challenging than trying to do laundry in heels. Just get comfy and make sure your kids are comfy too.
2. Do a Laundry Dance. Gather up all the laundry and make two piles – a clean pile and a dirty pile. Pile the clean pile somewhere where you can easily get to it and fold it. Enlist the help of your kids and do the “laundry dance”. Here my three year old son will illustrate – it’s a bit like a rain dance. Just sing a tune and dance around in circles – see – doesn’t that make laundry day more fun?
3. Make clothes smell fresh and clean. Gather up the dirty pile and place it in the washing machine. Use Suavitel® Fragrance Pearls™ to give your laundry a fresh, clean scent. My three and five year olds have an amazing ability to make most of their clothes smell like peanut butter or ravioli. To make sure I eliminate these smells, I use Suavitel® Fragrance Pearls™. It does the trick!
Suavitel® Fragrance Pearls™ have a mild but soothing smell that makes clothes smell clean. I don’t wear perfume, so having clothes that smell faintly like Soothing Lavender is a luxury. If you enjoy fresh-smelling laundry, Suavitel® Fragrance Pearls™ provide 5x longer lasting fragrance vs. using detergent alone.
4. Make towels super soft and fresh-smelling. If you enjoy super soft, fluffy towels, use Suavitel® liquid Fabric Conditioner. With two small children in the house, washcloths and small hand towels are often left wadded up near the sink. If they dry like this, they get hard and stiff. By adding Suavitel® liquid Fabric Conditioner I restore the towels to a softness that our family loves.
If you’ve never tried a fabric softener – this will help you get the fluffiest, softest towels ever. Just add it during the rinse cycle. The only caveat – don’t wash your children’s pajamas in the fabric conditioner – it reduces the flame retardant properties of the fabric – see the bottle label for more info.
5. Enlist the help of family members. In our latin-american family, laundry is a team effort. I had a help from my step-mom with this ton of laundry. I wish I had photos or a video recording of my three year old trying to fold laundry. When I asked for his help he wadded up some pajama pants into a tight ball and said, “here mommy” with the biggest grin on his face. Now, I had to redo the fold, but he kept my laundry day lighthearted and fun – and that was the biggest help of all.
Rewards realized from this week’s laundry activities:
- Fresh clean smelling clothes thanks to Suavitel® Fragrance Pearls™
- Family fun doing the Laundry Dance
- Folding Practice for my 3-Year-Old
- Soft fluffy towels thanks to Suavitel® Fabric Conditioner
- Laundry is put away and the family has clean clothes to wear
- Extra bonus – my kids see that chores can be fun!
Wahoo! See, laundry day can be fun and the rewards outweigh the work required to get everything clean and put away.
Where to find Suavitel®
You can find the Suavitel® Fragrance Pearls™, in Soothing Lavender and field flowers scents; and the Suavitel® Fabric Conditioners at Walmart. Select Suavitel® liquid Fabric Conditioners will include Suavitel® Fragrance Pearls™ samples.
How do you make laundry day more rewarding?
Have any tips for making laundry day more fun? How do you get kids engaged in laundry day? Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’/ Instagram
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
Thanks for being a fan! Do you have a board for homemaking or helpful tips for moms Pinterest? Help spread the word and PIN this post on Pinterest!