This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FreshAndGlow #CollectiveBias. This post includes ideas to help you unplug and get away including a free printable checklist to help you take 10 Steps to plan a Mini Spa Getaway!
Moms are some of the hardest working women I know. As I surveyed my friends, I learned that the one thing we all have in common is… exhaustion. How often do we plan a little self-care to relax and recharge our batteries? Not often enough. Here’s me, on a very rare, but much needed mini spa getaway with just a short time of rest. We all need a little rest!
This post is about renewal, and planning a little mini-spa getaway for yourself. Please, let go of any guilt and recognize that you are a living being that needs some down time to recharge your batteries. If properly planned, a little mini-spa getaway will not only help you, it will help your family too. Everyone loves seeing a woman who is refreshed, renewed, and a joy to be around.
A Short Video to Inspire You
10 Steps to plan a Mini Spa Getaway!
Breathe. Deep breath in, deep breathe out… Ok — let’s plan a little vacation.
- Pick a date that works for you and your family, and maybe your babysitter, and stick to it.
- As you plan, allot time for yourself to relax and enjoy a good book, music or your favorite food – for me, it’s chocolate.
- Book your time at a local hotel or reserve it with a babysitter at home to watch the kids so you can enjoy some “down” time.
- Pack the things you’ll need for your mini-spa getaway – scented lotions, bath items, bubble bath, bath poufs, eye mask, soothing music, candles, and things that help you relax. Wine is optional 😉 Hot tea also works.
- When you get to your hotel room or even your bath at home set the scene for relaxation with scented candles and soft music. If you’ve traveled outside of your home, once you’ve let your family know that you’ve arrived safely – turn off your phone; or at least set it to vibrate only.
- Run a warm bubble bath and enjoy a soak in the tub. I placed candles along the ledge of the tub. They emitted a soft glow and the scent of Sweet Pea flowers.
- You can use a body wash like Softsoap Fresh & Glow exfoliating Fruit Polish with apricot and kiwi to exfoliate your skin. Follow up with Softsoap Fresh & Glow Hydrating Shower Cream Body Wash to hydrate your skin. These body washes smell beautiful and they leave your skin silky soft.
- Give yourself a mini manicure/pedicure with new nail polish colors or a foot or hand soak.
- Dry off and wrap your head in a warm towel or put on a warm face mask to enhance relaxation. A white fluffy robe is a nice touch if you have one.
- Journal, read, meditate, or just listen to some soft lovely music. Allow yourself to find renewal in peace and quiet. Spend at least one hour enjoying complete down time. Unplug. No screen time to distract you.
There, now don’t you feel better? Now, go plan your mini spa-getaway retreat!
Where to find your Mini Spa Getaway Bath Supplies
I found everything you see featured in this post at Walmart including the bath poufs, lotion and liquid soap travel bottles, chalkboard labels, clear toiletry bag and Softsoap Fresh & Glow Hydrating Shower Cream and Softsoap Fresh & Glow Exfoliating Fruit Polish in the cosmetics section. Exfoliating and hydrating my skin with these body washes was a high point in my retreat. I love the scents and the way these Softsoap Fresh & Glow body washes made my skin feel luxuriously soft.
FREE Printable to help you plan your Mini Spa Retreat
Would you like to take 10 Steps to plan a Mini Spa Getaway? Here is a free printable 10 step plan to help you get there. If you take a mini spa getaway please let me know – I’d love to feature your spa retreat planning ideas on HappyandBlessedHome.com!
Just click the image to download this 10 Steps to plan a Mini Spa Getaway checklist!
What’s Your Favorite Way to Get Away?
Do you enjoy a spa retreat every now and then? What’s your favorite way to get away? Please leave a comment below, I always love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here: