This shop has been compensated by Brogan.com, and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. Here I’ll share 10 tips for setting an Easter-themed table and ways to host a simpler Easter meal.
Our family home includes a breakfast area right off the kitchen which is a great place to enjoy family meals together. Our breakfast table comfortably seats four to six and since the room is filled with light, it would be a wonderful place for our family to enjoy our Easter meal this year.
In preparation for this springtime tradition, I thought I’d share a few tips for setting a table when it’s on the small side, and some ideas to help families enjoy a simpler Easter meal.
10 Easter Table Tips and a Simpler Easter Meal
1. Think up. If you haven’t much room to spread out an array of dishes, think up! I found this lovely bird cage style shelving piece and it makes the perfect serving system for our Easter meal.
2. Keep place settings simple. If I search online for Easter table setting ideas, I often see fancy place settings with loads of silverware and goblets. This takes up space on a small table and leads to lots of dish washing afterwards. Our family uses one glass, one fork, one spoon, one knife, and maybe a cup for coffee or tea after our Easter meal.
3. Keep meal prep simple. Did you know you can get a whole lot more than ham at a HoneyBaked Ham store? I picked up not only spiral cut ham, I also purchased sliced turkey breast, broccoli crunch, orange walnut cranberries, and turkey gravy at the HoneyBaked Ham store. These dishes are very easy to prepare – just heat and eat! I can’t think of an easier way to prepare an Easter dinner. More on the main courses and side dishes offered at HoneyBaked Ham below.
4. Enjoy being able to mix and match. The serving pieces for the cranberry sauce and broccoli come from a different set of dish-wear than the sliced turkey. It’s nice that everything is white, but not everything has to be exactly the same. Family gatherings are a great opportunity to take out serving pieces you may not use for your everyday meals. They can also be a great way to add color and personality to your Easter table.
5. Skip fancy, be practical. With two young children in our home, sturdy plastic placemats in bright colors are the perfect accompaniment to an Easter table setting. A linen placemat or linen napkins would only be stained by the spills commonly experienced when dining with two children under age five.
5. Use fruits to decorate. Fresh fruits are not only edible, they make colorful decorations for a spring-inspired table scene. You can save time and money by using the fruit already in your fridge to create a colorful landscape.
6. Add color with something green. I added green leaf lettuce for some contrasting color under the HoneyBaked Ham Sliced Turkey.
7. Highlight spring. I clipped a few fresh flowers and added them to my display for a little whimsy and a nod to spring.
8. Garnish sides. I added a sprig of orange peel to the orange walnut cranberries to create a contrasting color. I added some glazed pecans for a touch of crunch.
9. Hang decorations from above. Hanging a spring bunting from above the table allows me to add color and texture without taking up space on a small table.
10. Simple symmetry. When working with a smaller landscape, I try to keep things simple and symmetrical. On our Easter table I’ve kept it to a minimum. Two bunnies, one on each side, and the serving pieces. Simple, colorful and tasteful.
Speaking of tasteful, all of the food featured here is from the HoneyBaked Ham store. I was simply amazed by all the things you could find at a HoneyBaked Ham store. The HoneyBaked Ham store offers lunch sandwiches, chips, ham & cheese quiche, rum cake mixes, and a wide selection of side dishes and desserts.
Tasty Options at HoneyBaked Ham
One of my top tips to enjoy a simpler Easter is to order main course Easter dishes and side dishes from your local HoneyBaked Ham store. You can find a location near you via this link: HoneyBaked Ham Store Locator. HoneyBaked offers a variety of easy and delicious Easter meal solutions. You can order some or all of your Easter meal dishes from HoneyBaked Ham. I can speak from experience when I say the HoneyBaked spiral cut ham, sliced turkey breast, broccoli crunch, orange walnut cranberries, and turkey gravy are absolutely delicious! And picking them up at a HoneyBaked Ham store is a wonderful way to enjoy a simpler Easter.
Plus, for a limited time, you can take advantage $5 off any purchase of $50 or more: $5 Off HoneyBaked Ham Coupon.
Have an Easter tip to share?
Do you have an Easter decorating tip? How does your family enjoy a simpler Easter? Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers. Happy Easter!
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here: