For the mom who has STAR WARS fans at home, here’s a fun idea for a candy treat that will impress even the most die-hard STAR WARS fans. These STAR WARS Yoda on Chocolate candy treats are fun to make and serve as the perfect dessert to any STAR WARS Birthday Party or STAR WARS Movie Watching Party.
Now, while I’m a huge fan of STAR WARS. It’s been awhile since I’ve watched any of the movies. When the most recent film, Star Wars: The Force Awakens came out on DVD, I purchased it. For my birthday, my husband and I watched the DVD while a babysitter watched the boys. We did not even leave the house, we watched STAR WARS on DVD in the basement at home. Sometimes the best things in life are as easy as that!
Star Wars Yoda on Chocolate
Now these STAR WARS candies are the fancy sort. I wouldn’t classify them as simple. But I will say, this candy treat is a real crowd pleaser. A decadent chocolate taste topped with a sweet YODA face perfect for the STAR WARS fans you know.
Ingredients for Star Wars Yoda on Chocolate Candy Treats DIY Tutorial
Time: 1.5 hours
- Wilton Rolled Fondant (White)
- Green Food Coloring
- Blue Food Coloring
- Black Food Coloring
- Brown Food Coloring
- Disney Star Wars Fruit Flavored Gummy Snacks
- Fondant Tools
Chocolate Candy Ingredients
Directions for Star Wars Yoda on Chocolate Candy Treats DIY Tutorial
- You may use a Wilton Candy Melt Pot to heat cocoa candy melts if you have one. Otherwise, microwave candy melts at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15-second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Do not overheat.
- Carefully pour cocoa candy melts into square and rectangular cavities in mold. Gently tap mold onto counter to release air bubbles. Place in freezer for approximately 40 minutes.
- Add a mixture of green, blue and black food coloring to white fondant until you achieve desired green. Massage fondant into a ball. Use a fondant roller to flatten fondant on a clean surface.
- Add brown food coloring to white fondant until you achieve desired brown. Massage fondant into a ball. Use a fondant roller to flatten fondant on clean surface.
- Using fondant knife, carefully cut robe shape into green fondant (looks similar to a whale’s tale).
Flip collar. Cut sleeves (2 per Yoda) from green fondant and roll them. Cut trunk-shape from brown fondant and place inside green robe.
Turn robe inward, add sleeves and bring collar down. Add tiny brown button to collar.
- Add Yoda-shaped gummy head to body. Cut off 2 tiny pieces from an extra Yoda gummy and place inside sleeves to replicate hands.
- Remove mold from freezer. Gently release chocolates from mold.
- Place Yoda on top of 1 to 2 chocolates (you can use a decorating gel or frosting to secure each Yoda if desired). Serve and enjoy.
How do you celebrate STAR WARS style?
How does your family enjoy celebrating with STAR WARS style? Do you have an easy recipe to share? What’s your favorite STAR WARS character? Please leave a recipe link or comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers!
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
If you liked this recipe for my STAR WARS Yoda on Chocolate, you may also like:
|Pinwheels & Berries||Perfect Chocolate Cake||Protein Packed Snack