This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #Back2SchoolReady #CollectiveBias. Readers, I have a special surprise for you today. 20 Free different designs of owl inspired book labels for your favorite books, and free scholastic books (over 80 titles in all) to help you build your personal library. This post is brought to you in collaboration with the Kellogg’s® Family Rewards program to inspire readers from beginners to teens to read.
Scroll down to learn how you can earn free books and download some adorable owl book labels and book covers. I’m also sharing a delicious recipe for no bake Smores Granola Bars created from Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal.
These delicious no bake S’mores Granola Bars make a wonderful addition to any lunch box or are great when you want to offer kids a delicious after school snack. They’re perfect for back to school lunch boxes and not only do they taste like yummy Smores, they have a light flaky crunch in every bite. I’ll share the recipe towards the end of this post.
Why book covers and book labels?
Ever since I was a little girl I loved books. My grandfather owned a bookstore and would bring me books every time he visited. I read through the entire Nancy Drew mystery series by the time I was ten and my love of books has never diminished.
In junior high I learned how to make book covers. The librarian explained that book covers will extend the life of the book and protect its cover. Book labels would help us, as students, quickly identify each other’s books and keep some of the confusion down for students who owned books of the same identical titles.
Plus, book labels and covers are great for personalizing books and giving them their own personality. That’s why I chose these owls. Some are wide-eyed, some are sleepy. Why not print out a few and share them with students, or your own kids and see which owl they choose? I already know my boys like the green and purple owls best – green and purple are their favorite colors. You can download the entire set of printables below.
To download your FREE Owl Book Labels and Book covers, subscribe here and you’ll be directed to the PDF file.
Build your personal library with a Free Scholastic Book
Did you know you can add up to 30 FREE new book titles to your personal library this year? One of our family’s favorite activities is reading together. A love of reading fosters a love of learning and it’s a great way to enjoy family time. You’ll find redemption codes inside the boxes of specially marked packages of Kellogg’s cereals and popular breakfast items that have this logo on the box:
I found loads of options for earning Free Scholastic Books at Walmart on Nutri-Grain® bars, Kellogg’s® Cereals and Kellogg’s 16ct Pop-Tarts®.
Tutorials for FREE Scholastic Books and FREE Owl Book Labels
Earning Free Scholastic Books is SO easy. Just purchase any specially marked box of your favorite Kellogg’s® cereal or breakfast product and visit www.FreeBookOffer to create a Kellogg’s® Family Rewards account and enter your 16 digit code, printed on the inside of your box, to place an order for your free book(s). You can order up to 30 titles from now until 3/31/16 at 11:59 PM ET. Participants must be US residents, 13 years or older, and registered members of Kellogg’s® Family Rewards.
1. Enter the website and click on “enter code now”. If you have not yet set up an account for Kellogg’s® Family Rewards, you’ll be asked to set up an account. They’ll need your name and mailing address to send you your free book(s).
- You can also opt to use the Kellogg’s® Family Reward app which lets you upload your receipt when you purchase ONLINE between 7/21 – 9/11.
- If you decide you do not want to keep your free book, you can make a donation to your favorite school.
- If you are unable to locate these specially marked boxes, you can buy directly on Walmart.com and receive a free book from purchases made between 7/21/15 and 9/11/15. Look for Buy Now button at http://wm6.walmart.com/Kelloggs-Back-to-School.aspx for a list of all eligible items. E-commerce redemptions are made via receipt scanning. Full details on site above.
- Important- you need to redeem your code for a free Scholastic book within 14 days of purchase – no matter when you buy product, consumers have 14 days to redeem.
2. The “Sign Up Today” screen is where you’ll enter your mailing address and other personal info.
3. The “Tell us about Yourself” screen will let the company know a bit about your preferences – from this info they can let you know about special offers and discounts you may be interested in.
4. Once you’ve set up an account you’ll com ego the “Congrats” screen where you can enter the 16 digit code from the inside of your box.
5. On the “Thanks” screen the system will let you know you have one free book credit and give you the option to add another code.
6. To select your book(s) scroll down on the “Thanks” screen to find the “See All Books” button.
7. To narrow down the selection of book titles, pick the level of reader you are selecting the book for and then pick a title that interests your reader. Better yet – have your child(ren) select the books that most interest them. Two of our favorites are:
Magic School Bus “Sea Creatures”
There are many titles to choose from, be sure to check out more books available via this Kellogg’s offer at Kellogg’s Family Rewards. I’d love to hear your favorite book offered!
8. The book will be added to your “shopping cart.” Follow the links to check out.
- All books will be mailed to you or wherever you choose to donate free of charge.
- The official timeline for books to arrive is 6-8 weeks (even though most come much sooner).
- Spanish books are available.
- You may redeem codes for hard copy books or E-books, but E-books cannot be donated.
9. The “Thank You” screen will confirm your order – plus you’ll receive an e-mail from Kellogg’s® Family Rewards confirming your order.
FREE Owl Book Labels Tutorial
Now that you’ve added books to your library, you may want to label your books or create book covers. You can create book covers with a few easy supplies including things like newspaper, gift wrap, or brown craft paper, scissors and tape. I thought it would be easiest to show you a FREE Owl Book Labels tutorial with a short video.
A few tips: I trimmed and cut the back flap of our book cover before I taped it down and added an owl label to it. For the front cover, I folded the edges under and added a larger label. There are three of the owl inspired labels used on this book cover and you can easily use one or more on any book cover you make. I hope you enjoy these free owl book labels and book cover labels as you build your personal library from Kellogg’s® Family Rewards.
I enjoyed a yummy Nutri-Grain® bar for a snack as I assembled our first owl themed book cover. The books featured in this video are Scholastic books but not necessarily the ones you’ll see at the Kellogg’s® Family Rewards website. I chose these books as examples because they are very similar to the types of books you’ll receive from Kellogg’s® when you redeem your free book offer code online.
Homemade no bake Smores Granola Bar Recipe
Homemade no bake S’mores Graola Bars are SO easy to make. You just heat the peanut butter (or you can use another nut butter if allergies are a concern) and honey in a large sauce pan on medium high heat and add the ingredients one at a time moving from the smallest items to the largest as you stir. I left the chocolate chips and marshmallows until the very last and added them once the mixture was partially cooled to leave their shape intact.
Ingredients for Homemade no bake Smores Granola Bar Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup nut butter (you can use peanut butter or any other nut butter)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
Once everything was mixed together, I lined a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with wax paper and poured in the Rice Krispies® mixture. I flattened the mix with a greased spatula and placed a wrap over the top and let the mix set for two hours. Once set, I carved out 12 bars from the pan. These bars keep for about a week and you might want to store them in the fridge if you’re like me and live in a home without central AC. 😉
How do you build your personal library?
Have you visited the Kellogg’s® Family Rewards site and picked out your favorite books? How do you build your family’s personal library? Have any special snacking options for back to school? Please leave a comment below and offer your tips for other HappyandBlessedHome.com readers. I’d love to hear from you.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here: