Treasure hunts, dragon puppets, FREE Thanksgiving printables, snails, teaching work ethic, Spanish Tilapia, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Pumpkin Butter Doughnuts, and so much more are featured this week at Family Fun Friday!
If you enjoy the features on Family Fun Friday please leave me a comment, I would love to hear from you! If you see things that you like here – please PIN them on Pinterest! If you PIN these lists it will help this blogging party grow. To PIN a specific blogger’s post please click through and pin directly from their site. Thanks so much!
If you’re a mom keep reading because we have some wonderful fun ideas to inspire you with your little ones and family. My blogging friends are linking up craft ideas, fun in the kitchen, preschool & homeschool ideas, and ways to spend time as a family. My blog is growing but I need your help, please like my facebook page or PIN a button and help spread the word about HappyandBlessedHome.com. Thanks so much.
Here is a little FREEBIE – FREE on Amazon today in case you’re interested. It got 4 1/2 stars and retails for $13: 19 Gifts of the Spirit. Just a little treat for my blogging and online friends.
This week you will find my Christmas Fun for Preschoolers Activity Pack inside a wonderful bundle of inspiring eBooks, kid’s activities, recipes, planners and more to help you get ready for the holidays created by some of the most talented bloggers on the web. To learn more about the Inspired Holiday Bundle, please click the image below.
AND, come back tomorrow, Nov. 1 to enter to WIN a $1,000 CASH Giveaway. A whole bunch of bloggers teamed up to bless someone this Christmas and I hope that someone reading and following on Happy and Blessed Home is a WINNER.
This week I shared a post on Advancing PreK Reading Skills. The post comes with a FREE Skills Assessment Chart. AND I created a FREE Printable Bundle of 28 Different Activities for Preschoolers to help them learn to read. We’re on the letter “B” this week so the bundle includes a ball lace-up-card, bee craft, coloring and tracing sheets, cutting practice and so much more! The download is FREE for my Facebook Likers so Like me on Facebook and go to the “thumbs up” to get your FREE copy.
Thanks to all my blogging friends for linking up last week at Family Fun Friday. I have a special YouTube Video for you at Thank You All My Blogging Friends! So many great ideas, crafts and things to do! If you link up, you permit me to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media. Now on to some fabulous posts for moms.
We have an adventuresome bunch of bloggers at Family Fun Friday! Check out these fun and relevant posts for imagining, creating and cherishing time with family.
- Ashley over at Life with Moore Babies caught my attention with the adorable Dragon Puppet she made from two egg cartons. Look at how big his teeth are! My boys would go crazy over a puppet like this – I think I may have to make one!
- Sara from Brainstorm in Bloom shared this wonderful Pumpkin Treasure Hunt. In it she shares free printable “clues” so you can conduct your own pumpkin treasure hunt with your kiddos at home. Suggested ages are from 2 to 10 years old.
- Becky from Your Modern Family shared a wonderful post about the Importance of Playing with Your Children. Becky writes, “When you are playing, it may look like just play to your child, but you are teaching them, molding them, encouraging them…”
- Paula at Beauty Through Imperfection shared an enlightening post about Trying not to Say No Too Much. She writes, “Sometimes I pause for the 16 seconds it requires to take a peek at the world through the lens of a 2 year old.” A great perspective Paula!
- Tammy from Creative K Kids shared some wonderful Thanksgiving Printables and Worksheets. I downloaded and printed these for our family. Tammy – thank you for sharing this wonderful resource!
- Missy from Dot to Dot Connections shared a wonderful post about her family’s Camping Trip. Missy, my family would love a trip just like the one you took! Her post comes with a free printable.
We’ve got some very creative cooking going on with our expert foodie bloggers this week. Check out these delicious and decadent posts!
- Jamie from Love Bakes Good Cakes posted this Spanish Tilapia. I need more fish recipes so I’m thankful for this post!
- Beth over at The First Year Blog shared some yummy looking Quinoa Black Bean Tacos. I never would have thought of this Beth so I’m glad you shared this.
- Christine over at I Dig Pinterest knows what its like to be a busy mom. With her Hurry-Up Chicken Pot Pie she has created a tasty and filling dish that is much faster than the traditional. Don’t know what to make for dinner? Check out Christine’s post.
- I also loved these Chicken Cordon Bleu bundles from Christine at I Dig Pinterest. I think it’s a creative take on a classic dish. My family would love these.
- Stacy from Stacy Makes Cents shared a recipe using one of my favorite ways to cook – use a crock-pot Her Crock Pot Tuscan Chicken looks great and sounds simple to make.
- And just to round out all this healthy eating, I had to highlight these Pumpkin Butter Doughnuts by Gina from Klienworth and Co. Are they breakfast or dessert? I dunno – I think they could be both!
Absolutely brilliant ideas by these amazing bloggers who are sharing some wonderful ways to teach young children. If you like this list please PIN it!
- According to Colleen in her post Raising Life Long Learners, “Did you know that projects and hobbies, and even musical instruments can have an even greater impact on developing work ethics in kids than chores?” What a great tip – thanks Colleen for your post!
- Quiet Time with Our Teenagers is a guest post by Naomi over at Our Joy Filled Life. I love how her family is learning how to have quite time and how they are using it to help their children be disciplined in the study of God’s word.
- Lindze over at Interior Fun shared some adorable FREE prinatables – Transition Charts for Kids. It’s a great way to ease your little one into their next activity. Thank you for sharing Lindze!
- Georgina from Craftulate shared a marvelous post on Science Experiments for Beginners. I think all preschoolers would love these!
- Cathy over at By God’s Grace shared her Bible in A Year post complete with printables and some great ideas.
- Katie at Paradise Praises shared a fun way to teach little ones, she focuses on Delight Inspired Learning. She writes, “No one likes to do anything he does not enjoy. And everyone likes to do those things in which he finds delight! It’s simple. Education means more, sticks longer, and serves us better when it is motivated by delight!” Great insight.
Thanks again for all your wonderful ideas! I hope these Family Friendly and Fun ideas inspire you.
I pray you are blessed by this effort to share ideas on having Family Fun.
In His Grip,
To leave a comment on any post, click “read more”. If you like my blog please like my Facebook page at: HappyAndBlessedHome – thanks so much!
I link up to over 100 parties every week. Click on Link Parties and you can add your party or find one to visit every day of the week.
P.S. Bloggers – If you’ve been featured and would like to add a button to show off how awesome you are, just grab the code in the text box below. You’ll want to retype the quotes too if you’re having trouble getting it to show on your page. 😉
LINK your Family Friendly & Fun Ideas:
RSS Subscribers click this link to get to my blog so you can see all the great ideas.
Here is the link list, please add yours below. Thanks for linking up! If you would like to subscribe to the e-mail reminder I send for this party please send me a note on my “Contact Me” page. Thank you.
If you are having trouble linking, please leave your link in the comments section and I will manually add it. Thanks!
Like My Facebook Page LINK PARTY starts here (rolling list – you do not need to add to it every week):