This post is brought to you in collaboration with Sandwich Bros. of Wisconsin.™ All opinions are mine alone. Here I’m sharing an easy recipe for flatbread pocket sandwiches loaded with veggies — perfect for an evening or daytime meal.
I need mealtime solutions that work. My kids have a short list of things they’ll consistently eat. Do you have a son or daughter whose top menu choices only include five or six items? I do. One of the items my kids love is chicken nuggets. The only challenge is that nuggets don’t have any veggies and there isn’t an easy way to pair them with veggies. I want more veggies getting into my kids’ diets. And now, I have a plan.
An easy way to get Kids to Eat their Veggies
Thankfully I’ve discovered an easy way to get my kids to eat their veggies — stuff the veggies into flatbread pocket sandwiches. These Kangaroo flatbread pocket sandwiches from Sandwich Bros. are baked fresh daily and come in a variety of serving options including Chicken Melts, Angus Cheeseburger, Gyro Sliders and Veggie Burgers.
Don’t Sacrifice Taste for Convenience
The Sandwich Bros. Chicken Melts taste even better than chicken nuggets and the flatbread pocket makes it easy to add fresh cucumber, tomato and red onions to the sandwich. I love that these sandwiches are packed with protein and a single portion is a great size for kids. I think it makes a great controlled portion sized sandwich for myself as well.
As a mom and blogger my days are full to the brim. I find myself often shuttling the kids to activities in-between doctor’s appointments, housework, and making meals. Sometimes I pack the kids a lunch, but forget to get myself something to eat. These sandwiches are perfect for busy days. They’re a convenient meal option. They heat up quickly and are an easy simple meal for a mom like me — with a busy schedule. Best of all — I don’t feel like I’m sacrificing taste for convenience. These sandwiches are really tasty.
If you want to pack more veggies into your day, slice up some cucumbers and tomatoes and keep them in a ziplock in the fridge. Having veggies easily ready to add to sandwiches or omelets it’s the perfect way to ensure more veggies make it on the menu.
Easy Recipe for Tasty Flatbread Pocket Sandwiches
This meal solution works and makes it easy for me to pack in protein, fiber, calcium and veggies into a busy day. By keeping some veggies pre-sliced and on-hand in the fridge, I can pack a flatbread pocket full of goodness and feed myself and the boys in less than half an hour. And my kids eat slow most days — so finishing in half an hour is time well spent.
Ingredients: Easy Recipe for Tasty Flatbread Pocket Sandwiches
- 1 Box (4 or 6 count) Sandwich Bros. of Wisconsin™ Chicken Melts
- 1 Box (4 or 6 count) Sandwich Bros. of Wisconsin™ Angus Cheeseburgers
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Head of fresh green leaf lettuce
- 1 Red onion (optional – my kids don’t like onions, but I do)
- Additional fruits and veggies – our family enjoys carrots, grapes and apples with our flatbread sandwiches
Directions: Easy Recipe for Tasty Flatbread Pocket Sandwiches
- Slice the Veggies. Slice the cucumber, tomato, and red onion into thin slices for stuffing into the flatbread pocket.
- Prepare the Lettuce. Tear the green leaf lettuce into bite sized pieces. The lettuce leaves also make a nice side for the sandwich.
- Warm up your sandwiches. Heat your Sandwich Bros. of Wisconsin™ Chicken Melts or Angus Cheeseburgers according to package directions. You’ll want to wrap each sandwich in a paper towel. I stood our sandwiches up in a microwaveable bowl to ensure that any cheese melt would melt down into our sandwiches and not out of them.
- Bowls make it easy. Rest your flatbread pockets in a bowl to pack them with veggies. You can also add ketchup, ranch dressing, or mustard – you can dress each sandwich to match personal taste.
- Serve with extra fruits and vegetables of your choice. I always cut larger fruits and veggies into bite sized pieces to make it easier for my kids to eat them. I pack any leftovers into zip lock bags to save for our next meal. For these photos I used full-sized fruits because they look prettier. But for my boys, everything gets cut into bite-sized pieces.
Where to find Sandwich Bros. Tasty Flatbread Sandwiches
I found our family’s Sandwich Bros. Angus Cheeseburgers and Chicken Melts in the frozen food section at both Walmart and our local Kroger grocery store. If you’re not sure where to look, just ask a grocery clerk for some guidance. I’ve always found our local clerks to be very helpful.
Looking for even more flatbread pocket recipes and inspiration? Explore the Sandwich Bros. Facebook page for delicious recipe ideas. You can also follow Sandwich Bros. online to take advantage of special offers and coupons when they’re posted on social media channels. Just click the link to follow Sandwich Bros. online.
Have any mealtime solutions to share?
How do you pack in protein and veggies on busy days? As a mom with two active boys I’d love to hear your suggestions. Please leave a comment below and join the conversation with the HappyandBlessedHome.com community online. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sandwich Bros. of Wisconsin. All opinions are mine alone.