This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #CollectiveBias – Here I’m sharing a quick and easy recipe for Chicken Fried Steak Fingers with hot sauce. It’s a savory dish with a kick of flavor and it’s perfect for entertaining or hosting a football party.
My husband and I love football. And since he’s from Texas, it only makes sense to serve up a hearty appetizer for our family football parties. These Chicken Fried Steak Fingers include hot sauce — which gives the steak fingers a mild but spicy kick. They’re a true party pleaser and no one will accuse the host(ess) of trying to serve up a dinky appetizer. These Chicken Fried Steak Fingers are a meaty dish.
Easy Party Food
These Chicken Fried Steak Fingers with hot sauce are SOOOO easy to make. My husband loves the mildly spicy flavor and I love that they’re so simple to prepare. Just prep and marinade overnight, dip, coat, fry and you’re done. The only other thing that took any time at all was cutting up the veggies, but if you’re really pressed for time just pick up a veggie tray!
Perfect Game Day Appetizer
El Yucateco hot sauce is the perfect way to rev up the flavor on your next party. Plus, since these Chicken Fried Steak Fingers with Hot Sauce are a finger food – they make a perfect game day appetizer. We served ours with gravy, sweet potato fries, and loads of crunchy veggies for a filling and hearty party tray.
Ingredients for Chicken Fried Steak Fingers with Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cups Beef Broth
- 3 Tablespoons El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce
- 3 pounds cube steak
Dip – The Dip, Coat and Fry takes less than 30 minutes
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Cups all-puropse flour
- 2 Teaspoons Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 Cup Canola or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
Directions for Chicken Fried Steak Fingers with Hot Sauce
1. Cut the cubed steak pieces into strips. Place the meat fingers into a deep dish. Pour the marinade mixture of El Yucateco Red Hot Sauce and beef broth over the steak pieces. Cover the dish and marinade for at least an hour or up to overnight to cook the next day.
2. Once you’re ready to cook… Turn a frying pan onto medium heat and melt the butter. Once melted add the oil and combine the butter and oil
3. Set up two dishes for the dip and coating. Combine the wet ingredients for the dip in one dish and the dry ingredients for the coating in the other.
4. The order for coating the steak fingers starts with one trip to the flour mixture, then a dip in the egg mixture, with a final dip back in the flour mixture again, and then into the frying pan. You may want to turn the heat up to medium high heat for the actual frying.
5. Fry each Chicken Fried Steak Finger with Hot Sauce on each side for 4 to 7 minutes (depending upon the thickness). You can always test for doneness by inserting a meat thermometer into the meat and making sure the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees.
6. Once completely fried, you can place the steak fingers onto a plate in the oven to keep them warm until you are ready to serve.
Our family enjoys Chicken Fried Steak Fingers with sweet potato fries sprinkled with parmesan cheese, sea salt and parsley. Not only does it look great – it tastes delicious too!
You can make and serve these Chicken Fried Steak Fingers and Hot Sauce with homemade gravy, but I opted to use a ready-made gravy to save a little time in the kitchen.
This dish makes a wonderful party food or finger ready appetizer. You can also serve this as a family meal.
I paired ours with fresh cut veggies and two types of veggie dips to add a variety of flavors to our homemade football party gathering.
Where to find El Yucateco Hot Sauce
You can find everything you need to create these delicious dishes at Walmart. You can find the El Yucateco hot sauce in the hispanic food aisle. There are different varieties of El Yucateco. Any flavor can be used for this recipe. Your selection of hot sauce depends upon your personal preferences and taste.
This is my brief summary of the types of El Yucateco available and a short description of their flavors and how to pair them. I hope this list helps you find the right hot sauce for your next meal.
- El Yucateco Red Habanero Hot Sauce – Made with fresh red habanero peppers, tomato, and seasonings. It’s a perfect “all purpose” sauce. Our family enjoys adding this sauce to our hot sauce chili, skinny chicken, and mexican casserole dishes.
- El Yucateco Green Habanero Hot Sauce – Made with fresh green habanero peppers, garlic, select spices and seasonings. This sauce packs a bit more heat than the red habanero. For grilling or cooking this goes well with lighter foods – like chicken, fish, and veggies.
- El Yucateco XXX Habanero Hot Sauce (Kutbilik) – This sauce has 90% of the habanero fruit – and has a slightly rustic and earthy flavor. You will want to pair this with something equal in flavor to maintain some balance. For example, mix this sauce with raspberry or cherry preserves for a sweet & spicy spread, or pour it on over steaks and ribs when grilling.
Have any football parties planned?
How do you serve a football party crowd? Do you have any tips to share on adding hot sauce to your favorite dishes? Please share your ideas with a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here: