This week at the #ETHANProject the theme is “enjoy the dirt”. Now, I do have photos of my boys playing in the dirt, but I thought it would be more fun to share some fun camping photos with you. And yes, there was plenty of DIRT!
This post is part of a series called the #ETHANProject and every week we’re tackling a summer fun project to enjoy with our children and families. ETHAN stands for Enjoy the Here and Now. It’s a group of moms and bloggers who are getting together to encourage each other to drink in the moments with our kids, families, and friends to truly enjoy the fantastic fun of Summer.
The #ETHANProject started June 1 and runs all summer long. You can read my introductory post here: #ETHANProject Summer Kickoff. You can join anytime and share your summertime fun with the #ETHANProject community – keep reading for details about where you can find us on Facebook and via our link-up – more details below.
6 Tips for Camping with Boys #ETHANProject
My husband is a huge outdoors enthusiast and camping will definitely play a role in our family’s future. We are fortunate to live in an area where finding a place to set up a camp site is very easy to do. I’m excited to share some of our family adventures and some of the boys’ camping fun. These are some fun parenting tips I’m sharing as part of the #ETHANProject. I hope these photos and ideas inspire you. If you have some tips for camping with boys please leave a comment below – I love hearing from my readers.
6 Tips for Camping with Boys
Tip 1: Pack the right gear. My husband camps several times a year and keeps a running list of the things he needs for camping. At the top of his list – a six man tent, sleeping bags, thermarest pads, lantern, camp chairs, portable propane grill, bug spray, headlamps, pocket knife, folding saw to cut firewood, and for camping with kids he says you can’t live without wet wipes. Affiliate links included for your convenience.
Tip 2: Teach kids to help set up camp. Showing the boys how to set up the tent teaches them how to set up a camp site. It’s great learning fun and a wonderful way to spend quality time together as a family.
Tip 3: Take kid-sized gear. Our kid-sized camp chairs were a huge hit with the boys. The superhero cape is an added bonus!
Tip 4: Camp with friends. My husband invited one of our closest friends and his two boys to join us on our camping trip. Inviting friends teaches our boys about building relationships and male companionship.
Tip 5: Enjoy a campfire! One of our family’s favorite ways to enjoy outdoor camping is to have a campfire and roast marshmallows. We also gave the boys flashlights to play with and they had a ball exploring the woods near the camp site at night.
Tip 6: Build a Tepee. What a fantastic adventure for boys. Being able to play in a tepee led to hours of fun and make-believe play for the boys.
The boys had a blast decorating their tepee with pine needles.
My husband Jimmy said the boys did great sleeping in their sleeping bags and sleeping outdoors all night long.
Our youngest loved playing with the older boys and the tepee was a high point of their camping trip.
My husband is a boy scout at heart. He’s always careful to ensure the campfire is completely out and that the camp site is cleaner than when he arrived. Teaching the boys how to pack up a camp site also teaches them to be considerate of others who enjoy camping.
Interested in sharing your summer fun with us? Join the #ETHANProject and enjoy weekly inspiration and updates from HappyandBlessedHome.com and a handful of other awesome and amazing bloggers by visiting us online.
It’s Easy to Join the #EthanProject
- Download the Schedule: Every week for 10 weeks the #ETHANProject bloggers are posting and sharing about one of the simple inspiring ways we can capture the essence of Summer. Here is a list. Put it on your fridge or download to your smartphone. Be inspired by the simple reminders to seize the day every day this summer! Just click the image to enlarge it and print it off at home. Right mouse click to save it to your computer or phone.
- Download the FREE PDF: You can also download your FREE PDF copy of the schedule and inspiring topics here by clicking the blue “Download Now” button. Download Now!
- Facebook: Join the Facebook group to share ideas and inspire and encourage each other during the summer months. Click here to join ETHAN Project Facebook group.
- Visit the Linkup: Be sure to check GroundedAndSurrounded.com every Friday for our blogger link-up and to see a re-cap of our favorite photos & stories from the week! Leave comments, engage, and encourage each other and your favorite bloggers via this fun link-up for #ETHANProject participants.
- Search #ETHANProject hashtag to find posts and bloggers participating in the project – reach out to them and make new friends online.
#ETHANproject MISSION: The purpose of the #ETHANproject (ENJOY the HERE and NOW Project) is to inspire your creativity, motivate you to be a better mom and support you through the summer months.
Share your Tips for Camping Fun
Do you have any special plans for summer? Have any tips to share for teaching kids how to enjoy the great outdoors? As a mom of two boys I am always looking out for great ideas! Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here:
If you liked this post on the #ETHANProject, you may also like:
|Enjoy the View||Building Character||FREE Apps||Clean Messes