This post is brought to you in collaboration with Fruttare and includes fun coloring pages, easy recipes, and 5 Fun Fruit Activities for Families. Free printable coloring pages, strawberry plant care instructions, and printable recipes are free to readers and can be downloaded directly from this post.
These family fun activities with fruit were inspired by the Fruttare Fruit Farm event held at The Shops at Wiregrass near Tampa, Florida in July. All opinions are mine alone. #ad #FruttareLife.
If Fruttare hosts a family fun event in your area I highly recommend going. You get free samples of their delicious frozen fruit bars and loads of fun activities for kids and families. I think you’ll enjoy this list of fun fruit activities – keep reading to download your free activities for kids!
5 Fun Fruit Activities for Families
1. Create a fruit-filled centerpiece – Hosting a BBQ or family reunion? How about a colorful and flavorful fruit-filled centerpiece? For this centerpiece, I chopped a hunk off a pineapple to create a “tray” for inserting fresh frozen fruit bars from Fruttare. Here you can see some delicious pineapple and strawberry frozen fruit bars.
My family loves the rich real fruit flavors of Fruttare’s frozen fruit bars. Fruttare is dedicated to using real fruit in every frozen fruit bar and they offer some delicious options for families to beat the heat with real fruit in frozen form. This fruit filled centerpiece is the perfect talking piece for any party. The fruit and frozen fruit bars will disappear quickly as guests enjoy this tasty and fruity table display.
2. Make dolphins from fruit. Have you visited the aquarium lately? Read a book about dolphins or watched a dolphin movie? Watch kids’ eyes light up with this adorable dolphin display made from bananas. Our family was inspired to recreate this fun-loving dolphin display after a visit to a Fruttare family fun event at the The Shops at Wiregrass. Aptly named Angela Ardolino’s Real Banana Dolphin activity on behalf of the founder and editorial director of Tampa Bay Parenting Magazine, you can follow these easy directions to create your own dolphin fruit displays at home.
Here is a photo of Angela Ardolino at the Fruttare Fruit Farm introducing families to some delicious frozen fruit bars and family fun activities with fresh fruit.
Real Banana Dolphin
Making a banana dolphin is simple and easy for kids to make. Not only is this dolphin delicious, it’s a perfect accompaniment to a fun-loving kid lunch!
Here is what you need:
- 1 banana
- 1 Package of blueberries (additional blueberries to create water)
- 1 Package candy eyes
- 1 Bag of cookie icing (to act as glue for the eyes)
- 1 Head of green leaf lettuce for decorating
- A knife
- A pair of scissors (strong enough to trim toothpicks)
Instructions (an adult should handle cutting the fruit for this activity):
- Start by glueing the candy eyes onto one side of some of the blueberries to create “eyes”.
- Then, cut the banana in half. You may have to cut at an angle to ensure the dolphin’s head and tail stand up on the serving plate. Keep the stem, as this will make the dolphin’s nose and mouth
- Carefully cut the stem in down the middle to make a mouth. Cut from one side and go inward.
- Next, attach the blueberries as eyes with toothpicks
- Put a small blueberry into the wedged open “mouth” of the dolphin created by the cut stem. The dolphin should be able to stand up on its own on the flat plate with the blueberry “ball” in its mouth.
- Cut a thin slice of whole pineapple to create the fins for the tail. The piece of pineapple will include the pineapple skin and be cut into the shape of a half circle. You can also use slices of strawberries for the tail – if you prefer.
- Surround the fruit dolphins with waves of delicious fruits like additional blueberries and fresh green leaf lettuce.
More Fun Fruit Activities for Families
3. Plant and grow your own fresh fruits. Decorate a flower pot with stickers and create a fun pot for growing fresh strawberries of other fruits. I’ve attached a guide to help kids care for their own strawberry plant at home. Care instructions provided by Fruttare.
How to care for your strawberry plant at home.
If you grow some fresh strawberries you can create some fun strawberry “bugs” using a method similar to the dolphin building activity described above.
4. Create a delicious Fruttare inspired parfait fruit bowl recipe with your favorite Fruttare flavor. You can taste the real fruit in Fruttare frozen fruit bars. They come in nine frozen fruit bar flavors including: Strawberry and Milk, Coconut and Milk, Banana and Milk, Mixed Berry and Milk, Mango, Strawberry, Lime, Black Cherry, and Pineapple. You can use any of these flavors to create your own delicious fruity Fruttare fruit bowl at home. 😉 Recipe provided below.
5. Have fun coloring fruit. These free printable coloring pages include some fun fruit images perfect for kids. Just click the image to download your free Fruttare coloring sheets.
More fruit fun coloring. Again, just click the image to download this free coloring worksheet for kids.
Ready for some fruit inspired fun?
Ready to have some fun with fruit? My kids loved the fruit dolphins, fruit “bugs” and delicious frozen fruit bars by Fruttare. I hope these ideas for kid’s fun activities with fruit have inspired you and your family to enjoy tasty fruits and frozen fruit bars.
Where to find Fruttare Frozen Fruit Bars
You can find Fruttare Frozen Fruit Bars in your grocery store’s freezer. For more fun recipes with Fruttare® including special offers and discounts, make sure to follow Fruttare®’s social media channels at:
How do you enjoy fruit?
Have any fun kid’s activities with fruit that you would like to share? How about a special fruit inspired receipt?What’s your favorite Fruttare flavor? My favorite is strawberry. Please leave a comment below and join the conversation. I love hearing from my readers.
P.S. – I blog to encourage moms, offer free preschool tools, and share ideas for family fun. If you enjoy free recipes, printables, crafts and games for little ones, ideas for family fun and encouraging posts for moms, sign up and have Happy and Blessed Home delivered to your inbox. Simply enter your e-mail address here: